Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League chatter

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Only a thought on Brightons current form and position.
If, and only if 'we' did get promoted to the holy grail of the Premier League this season.
Would the chatter on NSC be slightly different, given that all previous / current conversation has been Championship based, and what player could we buy that didn't have a head like a biscuit tin when heading the ball or strikers with club feet.
Instead of 'that was a good game played at some godforsaken crap hole' to 'we are playing Utd or City home and away this year.'
Only a thought :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
If it wasn't for the potful of cash we would get I'd rather stay in the championship.

Much better division.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I'm looking forward to a time when we can say we're playing in some godforsaken place again. Somewhere like Romania or Moldova or heaven forbid Scotland!
Ok, the europa league might just be a distant dream, but the thoughts of playing premier league football and wondering if we have enough strength in depth to make a go of it really does make your mouth water

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
If it wasn't for the potful of cash we would get I'd rather stay in the championship.

Much better division.

Exactly how I feel.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton

Much better division.

There is plenty of cash available however the cost of buying new players plus their salaries and not forgetting the agents commission will not leave much for the club.
Last season we saw Bournemouth promoted a far better side than us but would not want to change places with them, a top half position in the Championship is fine

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Much better division.

For me the most important thing is a return for Tone on his investment...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
For me the most important thing is a return for Tone on his investment...

Really, how many Football Clubs make money apart from Blackpool who just trousered their Premiershite money.

And when, not if, we get there look forward to away tickets double the current price.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Really, how many Football Clubs make money apart from Blackpool who just trousered their Premiershite money.

And when, not if, we get there look forward to away tickets double the current price.

Big push right now to cap Prem away tickets at £20. Much cheaper than many in this division.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Big push right now to cap Prem away tickets at £20. Much cheaper than many in this division.

Really ?

Do you actually think it will happen or just a new Social Communism policy ?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Really ?

Do you actually think it will happen or just a new Social Communism policy ?

It's happened already with reciprocal agreements at West Brom for example. The Football Supporters Federation have had a campaign going for a couple of years now.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Palace made 23 million last year.

Dec 29, 2011
Parish is now claiming that this years wage bill will rise to £70 million, so at that rate, they will still be playing in the run down Selhurst for many years to come.

£70m is ridiculous though, teams like Bournemouth and Watford won't have wage bills like that. A squad of 25 players earning £30,000/week comes to £39m a year..

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Only a thought
Instead of 'that was a good game played at some godforsaken crap hole' to 'we are playing Utd or City home and away this year.'

Don't fall for the myth that the Premier League is all about glamour. Yes, you have United, City, Arsenal, Chelsea etc.

But godforsaken crap-holes are certainly not an exclusive preserve of the Football League. The delights of Watford, Leicester, Sunderland, Southampton, Stoke and West Bromwich, all current Premier League away trips, are unlikely to feature in any Best of Britain tourist guides.

And let us not forget the Godforsaken Crap-Hole to end all Godforsaken Crap-Holes, Croydon.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here