Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Where on earth has the money gone?

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
More to the point if Teixeria can't get in that squad surely his days at LFC are numbered.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Watching English Foreign teams built with Murdoch money crashing out in Europe is becoming an increasingly amusing pastime...

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Mignolet doing his best to get rid of some of the team

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Andy Carrol and Balotelli combined cost Liverpool in the region of 50 million quid.
It's sentences like that which make me wonder if The Albion should be chasing the Premier League.

and yes I know, that's easy for me to say as we're talking about Tony's money not mine.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Watching English Foreign teams built with Murdoch money crashing out in Europe is becoming an increasingly amusing pastime...

careful, that could be us in two years time.

It's sentences like that which make me wonder if The Albion should be chasing the Premier League.

tells me just dont chase the likes of Carrol and Balotelli. one a a unique situation (because of the Torres money) and the other an interesting gamble. you'd love to have had Torres in his pomp playing for us, wouldnt you?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
tells me just dont chase the likes of Carrol and Balotelli. one a a unique situation (because of the Torres money) and the other an interesting gamble. you'd love to have had Torres in his pomp playing for us, wouldnt you?
At what cost?
When is the 'chase' over and everybody (Tony) can walk away happy?

For all the reasons you already know I don't like football, I don't like the people involved and I hate the greed is good mentality.
As with many others The Albion, to me, isn't just another football team.
If it were I'd have walked away years ago.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
At what cost?
When is the 'chase' over and everybody (Tony) can walk away happy?

For all the reasons you already know I don't like football, I don't like the people involved and I hate the greed is good mentality.
As with many others The Albion, to me, isn't just another football team.
If it were I'd have walked away years ago.

Of course The Albion isn't just another team, it's our team but if you think that we are any different though in our quest to get in the Premier League than the majority of the other Championship clubs then you are mad or naive in the extreme. You try to be the best you can be and to compete at the highest level possible. No one wants our future gambled with by overspending but there is no reason to suspect that would happen under the present owner. "Greed is good mentality" have you been watching Wall Street again ?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Suarez and Sterling brought in over £120m, his net spend after outgoings is not very high.
Good point.
Wish we were as 'hopeless' as Liverpool under Brendan Rogers, close to or successfully making the European Champions League season after season. He's a decent manager IMHO - wouldn't swap him for CH though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here