Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Warburton BBC Five Live

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
He is reporting about the Rugby World Cup in Brighton today and gave a good shout out to the Seagulls, apparently a local boy, anyone know where?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Anyone else a tad concerned with the rugby ruining our pitch, we have had quite a bit of rain lately, really dont want the surface damaged in any way.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
No idea. But I'll bet he's got loads of bread from using his loaf.

goldstone rocks

Feb 25, 2009
He is reporting about the Rugby World Cup in Brighton today and gave a good shout out to the Seagulls, apparently a local boy, anyone know where?

From Haywards Heath went to Leicester Uni and onto Radio Swindon ( must have been exciting!)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Jumping on the bandwagon so he can claim he's a lifelong fan when we're playing at Old Trafford a year from now.

Disgraceful.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I have no concerns about the pitch we arent at home until the 3rd October. Any problems should be fixed by then and all pitch markings removed.

Cant wait to see the Amex on TV although of course it wont be known as that as AMEX arent an official sponser. All hordings outside the ground have been covered. I assume the markings pitch side will also be covered.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Anyone else a tad concerned with the rugby ruining our pitch, we have had quite a bit of rain lately, really dont want the surface damaged in any way.

The game we played last season after the egg-chasing, COG had a header that would have probably gone in had it not taken a dodgy bounce off of a patch of sand.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Rugby damages a pitch less than football apparently. Mainly because it's more spread out than the concentration you get in goalmouths, centre circles etc.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The game we played last season after the egg-chasing, COG had a header that would have probably gone in had it not taken a dodgy bounce off of a patch of sand.

That was probably there due to the previous 8-9 months of football more than the 1 game of rugby. The bare patch of turf that it was covering would have been behind that try line of the rugby pitch, wouldn't it?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
His Saturday evening 5-live programme was excellent listening.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Rugby damages a pitch less than football apparently. Mainly because it's more spread out than the concentration you get in goalmouths, centre circles etc.

Scrummages are the problem though. 16 x 18 stone digging their studs into our hallowed turf to get a grip. I don't like it. I like rugby union but not on our pitch thank you.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Last season we didn't have a concentration in the ooppositions goalmouth,they would have only had half the wear of the other pitches in the division

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Scrummages are the problem though. 16 x 18 stone digging their studs into our hallowed turf to get a grip. I don't like it. I like rugby union but not on our pitch thank you.

There are 35% more players on the pitch and they are heavier than most footballers. Also the grass is often kept a bit longer on rugby only pitches so any wear and tear is less noticeable.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Have not heard any Reading supporters complaining about the pitch condition, and they share with London Irish

Although I do seem to remember that their pitch was rather s----y

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I was on the pitch at the Liberty Stadium last week, where Ospreys share with Swansea, and it was IMMACULATE.

(That said, I was also on the one at Rodney Parade, where Newport football and rugby teams share, and it was a ahambles).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here