Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This great start means...

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
...that we only need something like 1.65 points per game now to get up to around 85 points.

So basically we need to show the form of a play off fringes side for the rest of the season to be right in the mix for auto promotion at the end.

...I think!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We need 0.128 points per match less than anyone else in order to win the league.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This great start means...only one thing:-

We won't be in the relegation zone on 01.11.

Come back to me when October's over.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Or we do a Forest from last season and don't win any of our next 9 games and back to where we thought we'd be by Bonfire Night!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
...bloody hell - I was just making a point!!!

...actually 1.65 points.

Yes, but those people who hold superstitions dear to their footballing hearts won't want too much talk of the P-word, or P/O stuff at least until they are tucking into Xmas left overs...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Or we do a Forest from last season and don't win any of our next 9 games and back to where we thought we'd be by Bonfire Night!

If we had Stuart Pearce in charge there would be a good chance of that happening.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
...that we only need something like 1.65 points per game now to get up to around 85 points.

So basically we need to show the form of a play off fringes side for the rest of the season to be right in the mix for auto promotion at the end.
...bloody hell - I was just making a point!!!

...actually 1.65 points.
1.69, surely. 85 points - 19 = 66, / 39 games = 1.69. Over a season, that would be 78 points, which itself is no mean feat.

Stop counting those chickens, they've not hatched yet.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
1.69, surely. 85 points - 19 = 66, / 39 games = 1.69. Over a season, that would be 78 points, which itself is no mean feat.

Stop counting those chickens, they've not hatched yet.

Whilst you are correct, if we have a decent October (say, 10 points from 15) then I'd say [MENTION=2647]gripper stebson[/MENTION] will be entitled to make his point.

That would be 29 points from 12 games. 1.65 points then required from the remaining games to reach that magical 85 point mark highlighted by the former Grange Hill bullying ACE. :thumbsup:

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004

...I think!
Interesting, and exciting.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wimps ��
Start enjoying being top of the league.

I'm with you, enjoy it while we're there and long may it last!

There will be plenty of time for moaning and recriminations if we fall away badly. It's great to have such positivity on NSC after last season!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
IF we get 10 points from the next 5 games then I'll let him make his bloody point, but that's a pretty big if, so until then he can learn his place!

It isn't really a pretty big IF at all. Ten points is "only" 2 points a game. I'm getting used to the Albion winning more than that. :thumbsup:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Were 7 games in , much as id love brighton to get promotion, i cant help feeling that some people are tempting fate and getting ahead of themselves a bit.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Were 7 games in , much as id love brighton to get promotion, i cant help feeling that some people are tempting fate and getting ahead of themselves a bit.
I don't think they are.

Ten points is "only" 2 points a game. I'm getting used to the Albion winning more than that.
My mistake.

This thread is a poor example, in other threads it seems that we've all enjoyed the start, but we know it's very very early still, and we probably won't get promoted. Well, those that understand probability at least.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
As some one pointed out in a similar thread. In the last 15 seasons in the championship, only one team have been 5 points clear after 7 matches, and a further 3 clubs were 4 points clear after 7 matches. They all went up either as champions or automatically. I'm not superstitious, I am a mathematician, statistically in all probability we will be going up this year. If we have a blip or are unlucky with injury, I think Bloom will get out his cheque book again in January. Face it, we are going up and I for one am going to enjoy every game this season in the knowledge and full expectation that it is going to end in promotion.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here