Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rugby World Cup Fanzone

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
10,000 capacity on The beach by Madeira Drive- I guess they are taking over the outdoor cinema site for the weekend? Opens at 15.00 tomorrow- could be a good atmosphere for the England game if the weathers ok and a decent amount of people turn up. Any takers?!
6926a2f3a57f3e8d9a01a34b670df3a4.jpg

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
A fan zone? FFS, it will be freezing. You won't get THOUSANDS of people packing these fan zones! Rugby World Cup is trying desperately hard to be a bigger event than it is.

It's interesting, I quite like rugby, so of course I'll follow it keenly. But why is it pretending to be a football World Cup, a sport that unfortunately so many rugby people seem happy to sneer at when it suits them?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The weird thing about the fanzone is that it's only on when there are matches at the Amex. In other words, it's open at a time when all the big rugby fans in the area are somewhere else: it should be open for the other big games

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
What about the DOZENS of Samoans who'll be in town without a ticket for the South Africa game? They could be fun.

Samoa: statistically the fattest nation on earth, I believe? What a pity there won't be many pies left at the Amex after Jabba the Hutt's visit on Tuesday night.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The weird thing about the fanzone is that it's only on when there are matches at the Amex. In other words, it's open at a time when all the big rugby fans in the area are somewhere else: it should be open for the other big games

that does seem rather pointless, and hopeful. having it for the England games at least, otherwise i'm not sure theres much point.

Marty___Mcfly

Sep 14, 2011

I would imagine that the Council is obliged by the RWC to facilitate a Fanzone for the days when matches are taking place, and not at any other time. I agree it would be good to run it on other days and especially for England games.

Marty___Mcfly

Sep 14, 2011
Here it is..
77a425e8ca9ef554b752b21c1ea0e7b9.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well you were all wrong.

I minced along there at about 2pm, and it was totally RAMMED. Absolutely brilliant atmosphere there, lovely weather, Ireland v Canada on the giant screen. Fast moving queues despite the numbers (£5 for a Heineken not great, but the going rate I suppose for this kind of thing). Got chatting with a great bunch over here from Cape Town, I extoled the virtues of our wondrous stadium they were about to visit. Loads going on with various inflatable-based challenges for kids and adults, the Brighton Eye was doing a roaring trade, and there was just a real BUZZ about the whole place, everyone was having a great time.

They were running shuttle buses from the fanzone to the station, it was all superbly organised. Made me proud to be a Brightonian and to welcome the South Africans and Japanese to our wonderful city - they truly could not have wished for a better host city than this. Its a shame there are only 2 games here, because you could not wish for a better host venue.

We've gone worldwide today, and could not have put on a better show (quite apart from the fact that the game itself was a bona-fide classic) :clap2:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here