Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] White van drivers!!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Just got back from Westfield shopping centre in Shepherds Bush, and cannot believe the amount of t**ts driving white vans, that seem to think they can just drive, cut you up as if its their god given right :tantrum::angry::rant::censored:
Obviously not all van drivers are t**ts, but the A40 seems to have its fair share tonight.

Rant over, have a nice evening all :thumbsup:

SeagullSarge

Jul 8, 2012
As a regular M23/M25 commuter I totally sympathies, I also find it disturbing that they think its perfectly acceptable to drive their fully loaded Renault Traffic's at 90MPH fully laden...

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpg

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
They're actually the most courteous drivers and involved in less accidents then any other vehicle

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Mate, I'm a regular visitor to Ruislip and the driving is far worse there than down here. It's not just van drivers. Hardly anyone signals, drivers ignore people waiting at zebra crossings etc.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Lady Igzilla drives a small white LGV, and I have also driven it on occasions. Most car drivers (in Worthing anyway) think it's perfectly acceptable to pull out on you at junctions, cut you up at roundabouts, box you in when parked and generally behave as if you weren't there.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Should all commercial vehicles be required to display the name of the business on their vans, not necessarily full on sign writing, but at least the name of the business to which the vehicle is registered. And for the one-man-bands, an easily accessed database to provide feedback to the police and dvla about instances of poor driving.

Of course the same can be said about some car drivers, but in my experience car drivers/owners just do not drive in the way the WVDs that are being refered to here do in trying like the same manner.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Should all commercial vehicles be required to display the name of the business on their vans, not necessarily full on sign writing, but at least the name of the business to which the vehicle is registered. And for the one-man-bands, an easily accessed database to provide feedback to the police and dvla about instances of poor driving.

Of course the same can be said about some car drivers, but in my experience car drivers/owners just do not drive in the way the WVDs that are being refered to here do in trying like the same manner.

Super,good points however thanks to cutbacks both the Reds and Blues enforcement is rare.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex

Impossible. I am a self-employed courier driver, with a liveried van, most in my depot are not. A lot switch between different courier companies, depending on where their gangmaster, I'm sorry, employer (who pays £50 a day whilst making £150 for the round) tells them to report for work

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Someone try and post the harry and Paul sketch, its hilerious!!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

No, I have a plain white van, I don't want an advert on the side saying " Please break into this van it's full of tools "
My van isn't sign written for security reasons.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
No, I have a plain white van, I don't want an advert on the side saying " Please break into this van it's full of tools "
That's our excuse too..

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
That's our excuse too..

And when I am parked up having a tea break I don't get some old codger coming up and asking me for a spare tap washer.
I used to have a sign written van and people were always asking for free stuff and advice, and neighbours knocking on the door asking to borrow tools.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Just got back from Westfield shopping centre in Shepherds Bush, and cannot believe the amount of t**ts driving white vans, that seem to think they can just drive, cut you up as if its their god given right :tantrum::angry::rant::censored:
Obviously not all van drivers are t**ts, but the A40 seems to have its fair share tonight.

Rant over, have a nice evening all :thumbsup:

They are all cyclists at the weekend.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia

This, I had no trouble at all till I put my CORGI stickers on the sides, then I had nothing but trouble.
I drive a 'white' LWB Toyota Hiace van here and another trick is not to make it look too smart or clean, as it attracts break ins like a magnet.
If it looks tatty, with no signage, it attracts no attention.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here