Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackpool FC president sues Oystons over 'missing millions'

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
"The president of Blackpool Football Club has begun legal action against its owners amid concerns about the alleged transfer of millions of pounds away from the club's accounts.

Businessman Valeri Belokon, who owns a 20% share in the club, claims Karl and Owen Oyston have improperly transferred cash sums to their own companies.

He has issued a claim for "unfair prejudice" at London's High Court.

A spokesman for Blackpool Football Club said there would be "no comment".

Mr Belokon claims millions of pounds were transferred to the Oystons' companies "via unsecured interest-free loans and directors' remuneration payments".

The Latvian businessman launched the action via his company VB Football Assetts on Tuesday.

He has also issued proceedings against the Oystons' company Segesta Ltd, concerning an investment it made in July 2008."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-34268761

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Well the way things are going at Bloomfield Road i would,nt worry about League Two,more like the National League.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well the way things are going at Bloomfield Road i would,nt worry about League Two,more like the National League.

The way things are going at Bloomfield Road, is that there will be no Bloomfield Road. Developers are already hovering. I hope this court action succeeds.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
[tweet]644215736324485121[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here