Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
norris-l229-2693536_478x359.jpg

Paul Barber presented John Norris with a special Albion shirt

PUBLISHED
15:27 16th September 2015
by Adam Tighe
We felt that our red away strip was probably closer to the colours he is accustomed to!"
Paul Barber
Tony Bloom, Paul Barber and the Brighton & Hove Albion directors welcomed Rotherham United fan John Norris into the boardroom on Tuesday night to mark the supporter’s 1000th consecutive game.
Millers fan, Norris, achieved the incredible feat of attending 1000 games in a row when he attended Albion against Rotherham at the Amex on Tuesday night ; a run that stretches back almost 20 years.
Norris told seagulls.co.uk, “I want to thank everyone at Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club for providing me with an unforgettable evening. I was very nervous at first but everybody made me feel so welcome.
“It was amazing to meet people like Alan Mullery, Tony Bloom and Paul Barber and the club giving me a shirt was a wonderful touch.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Norris was welcomed into the boardroom to celebrate the milestone and was presented with a Crimson Albion away shirt by Barber.Albion’s CEO added, “It is a remarkable accomplishment and we were delighted to welcome John into the boardroom to congratulate him on it.
"We wanted to acknowledge his tremendous achievement and we felt that our red away strip was probably closer to the colours he is accustomed to!”
1000229-2693725.jpg

The ardent Rotherham supporter, Norris, admitted that choosing just one stand-out moment from the years of following his side was difficult, but says it would probably be the club’s promotion 14 years ago.
“There's many memories to choose from, but the one moment that sticks out in not only my mind but most Millers fans’ minds was when we won our second successive promotion back in 2001.
“Alan Lee scored the winning goal in the 90th minute against Brentford to clinch promotion to the Championship, a goal which sparked scenes not seen at Millmoor for several years.”
[h=3]ALBION V CARDIFF CITY
[/h]SATURDAY 3RD OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V *BRISTOL CITY
[/h]TUESDAY 20TH OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V PRESTON NORTH END
[/h]SATURDAY 24TH OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here