Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tomer Hemed ... could he be the man?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I've often thought that the one thing that can turn a pretty average Championship team, into one that can achieve promotion, is the addition of a 20 goal a season target man.

If that is the case, then could Tomer Hemed be that man?, and fire us to the promised land? Early days of course, but he has made a pretty good start.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I've often thought that the one thing that can turn a pretty average Championship team, into one that can achieve promotion, is the addition of a 20 goal a season target man.

If that is the case, then could Tomer Hemed be that man?, and fire us to the promised land? Early days of course, but he has made a pretty good start.

Well he does come from there :wink:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

If that is the case, then could Tomer Hemed be that man?
No.

If we make it, it won't be because Hemed has turned an average team into one that can achieve promotion, it will be because the team is better than average.

I'd phrase it differently. A decent team with no decent striker will struggle to get promoted. You need both, and yes, he could be that man.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Hemed's positional sense is top class. He knows when to make runs and how to get on the end of crosses. His first touch is very good as well as having the ability to use both feet. Basically, he's the complete opposite to CMS, which must mean he's pretty good.

I can see him scoring over 25 goals this season.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Given our current setup with KLL/Bong down one side, and Bruno/Murphy or Rosenior down the other (I'm omitting Solly for now), and with the guile of Stephens and Kayal right behind him, the supply lines are certainly there so there's no reason why Hemed shouldn't be knocking on the door of 20 goals this season. I expect Baldock to start weighing in with a few more too.

If Elvis turns out to be mustard as well then happy days.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hemed's positional sense is top class. He knows when to make runs and how to get on the end of crosses.
Agreed. He has a good habit of getting inside his man.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Given our current setup with KLL/Bong down one side, and Bruno/Murphy or Rosenior down the other (I'm omitting Solly for now), and with the guile of Stephens and Kayal right behind him, the supply lines are certainly there so there's no reason why Hemed shouldn't be knocking on the door of 20 goals this season. I expect Baldock to start weighing in with a few more too.

Exactly.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
Missed the game, just seen the highlights.

Lovely strikers goal. All hail the formation that allows us to actually penetrate from the wing this way! And Murphy too of course for looking a real quality acquisition.

Gorgeous to see.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

What I love most about this post is that, reading it, I thought: actually we've got quite a good team there. Then I realised that you haven't even mentioned the defence!

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
i can't see him scoring 20 plus goals But if murphy carries on like he did yesterday, then i might be proved wrong (hopefully)

I can. If he can become even more clinical (as in should of had a hat trick against Hull) he will be on for 30.They say it's all about confidence with strikers:) so Tomer should be bursting with it at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here