Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should we have sold Dunk?

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Well should we?

Should we have cashed in? Keeping him does however send out a huge message to the rest of the the league and our own squad.

Would Goldson provide good enough cover? I've noticed he (CG) wasn't on the Hull program squad list? (Although someone might be able to prove me wrong from last night!)

With the vast sum of money from Dunk could we have 'gone for it' with another striker or other player?

Or will Greer / Uwe not me the partnership throughout the season?

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Dunk is the future of the club, just because he's not playing at this moment doesn't mean we should have sold him. Greer, although playing brilliantly at the moment will probably only be with us for another season at the most.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Don't know! Thank goodness it wasn't a decision I had to make!

He could spend all season bench warming, taking home his bigger wage packet while his value drops because he's not playing - in which case we might have been better taking the money.
Or he could get his place back any day through injury or suspension, keep the place, and go on getting better and better all season.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
No. At some point we will be without Greer or Uwe, as and when that happen Lewis will be ready and waiting, if he plays well enough I think he'll keep his place.

I also believe that if we are seriously in the hunt for promotion by January then Tony will spend again if we have an obvious area that needs improving.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Hughton may have had doubts about Greer being able to play every game. I thought he would break quickly this season after nursing an injury over the summer but he doesn't seem to have any issues, however there is still a long way to go and plenty of cards to come.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Non question really

He's youn, and quality, just because he's not playing doesn't mean he won't, look what's happened with Cook, even Elphick, although never in my wildest dreams would I of thought he would make it

When dunk gets in and plays well, whoever made way for him will struggle to replace him

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Did you see mom performance vs forest? Easy to quote individual games.

I think he's a better player than both.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Dunk is a sound defender. Very good at championship level but I think he'll struggle once he's in the Prem. I never thought Ulloa was going to do it in the Prem, and to be fair he hasn't. I just can't see Dunk managing the pace and sharpness of the top division. But nonetheless, we have a top quality Championship defender who will help get us to the Prem. Once there, then we can judge.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Would have taken the money as I said at the time. Prone to lapses of concentration and wandering- see Walsall this season.

However, when he is good he is brilliant and being young you would hope the defensive lapses will improve.

I would like to see Goldson and also think Dallison (on loan at Braintree) will possibly be as good as Dunk.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
On Saturday I had my heart in my mouth when Uwe went down clutching his ankle.
Then my head said 'T'is ok Dunk's on the bench', and all was right in the world.

For that reason I'm answering 'no'.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Loan him out to a League One club so he gets some game time.
I don't know if you're joking or not. At worst, he's on the bench.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Nope. I think we should have another centre back as well. I would not mind if we bought Hutchinson off Fulham.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here