Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

As a Palace fan...

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
...and one that's posted on here since 2001, I'll ask the question, is it Albion's time?

I'm intrigued as I don't know much about this emerging Albion side - you naturally follow the Champ less when you're not in it. CH is obviously a good solid manager and a generally decent bloke.

And how would I feel if the answer is 'yes'? I think we wouldn't mind you going up, as long as we got 6 points and it was for one year only. I think the reality would be different and you've the infrastructure to bed in. Interesting times. A Palace v BHA game in the Prem league would be exciting.

Cheers,

Paul.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
If we're ever going to go up this is probably our best chance of doing it.

If we did manage it, I'd hope that we'd be like Swansea

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The signs are encouraging, but it's still only mid-September so without the powers of Mystic Meg it is far too early to tell.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Heart says yes, head says we're going to eff this up just like we always do.

I'm not so sure. We got over the critical hurdle last night of not upfurking against a team at the bottom of the table thereby negating hard-fought points recently won against a team at the top of the table. That's an achievement of real significance IMHO. And I mean that seriously. Loads on here, myself included, assumed we'd blow it last night in traditional Albion fashion.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
...and one that's posted on here since 2001, I'll ask the question, is it Albion's time?
Probably not. The odds are still well against us getting promoted, but like you, we'll enjoy our start to the season while we can.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm not so sure. We got over the critical hurdle last night of not upfurking against a team at the bottom of the table thereby negating hard-fought points recently won against a team at the top of the table. That's an achievement of real significance IMHO. And I mean that seriously. Loads on here, myself included, assumed we'd blow it last night in traditional Albion fashion.

It's the curse of October that I'm worried about. We've got 5 games that month, if we can pick up at least 6 points from 15 then I reckon we could push for automatic promotion rather than scrapping for play-offs. Fingers crossed, eh?

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
All we can do is wait and see and keep on cheering the side on till May (by which time I'll probably be a nervous wreck).
This is the best team that's been assembled for a long time - sure we may have had better individuals under Gus but this is an actual team and one that can (hopefully) go places.
A question I'd ask the OP is how many of your games have been moved for Sky since you've been in the PL as that's what really hacks me off.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
It's only 7 games in to the season. Enjoying the fact we are doing so well. Under no illusion or dreaming about going up, just really really happy we seem to be a lot better then last year.

It was also good last night that there was no fans around me getting carried away, there was no one expecting us to batter Rotherham because they were bottom , just really happy that we looked good enough to get the job done and another three points. If the fans can stay that way and keep the pressure off the players who know what we will achieve.

Leyton Gull

Banned
Sep 14, 2015
Obviously more effective than last season but then, have not had the bad luck we had last season. There are no pushovers in this division but nobody to make us quake in our boots. Of course we've played Palace before in the top flight.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

And we nearly did-thankfully Rotherham's strikers were like ours from last season. Their goal only came about because Stockdale was way too casual with his clearance, which led to the free kick and then the goal.

Too many good sides in The Championship to be talking about being 'our time' in mid-September.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
I won't allow myself to even think about the Prem until the final whistle blows on Saturday 7th May 2016. For now I'm just happy to see some decent exciting football at the Amex again. Even if we don't eff things up there are several big clubs just below us with deep squads who are starting to get their acts together.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
It's the curse of October that I'm worried about. We've got 5 games that month, if we can pick up at least 6 points from 15 then I reckon we could push for automatic promotion rather than scrapping for play-offs. Fingers crossed, eh?

October is a bit of a mixed bag in terms of opposition. Cardiff (in sixth at the moment) at home will be a big test, Leeds and Reading away (both midtable and both capable of winning more than they are) with Bristol City and Preston at home (both aiming to avoid relegation) in the middle.

We should be beating Bristol and Preston, but then I'd say we'd be looking for at least a point from the away games and Cardiff aren't unbeatable.

Maximum points would be a big ask but not out of the question. Then again, you could also argue that a maximum of six points would be equally feasible too.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Obviously more effective than last season but then, have not had the bad luck we had last season. There are no pushovers in this division but nobody to make us quake in our boots. Of course we've played Palace before in the top flight.

All teams that do well, need that bit of luck as well. I hope we can stay injury free.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Interesting, which 7 teams do you think might be better than us? I can only think of 3 who might be. Would have been 5 but we've beaten both Ipswich and Hull.

It doesn't necessary mean we are better than them. I would say the teams below will finish above us.

Burnley, Derby, Hull, Middlesbrough, QPR

And we are in a group with

Ipswich, Wolves, Sheff Wed, Reading, Birmingham and maybe Cardiff

We lack strength in depth quality wise for me and probably could do with someone a bit better than Baldock (who I do like), but isn't prolific enough for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here