Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephens delighted to get off the mark [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Dale Stephens*is delighted to have “officially” opened his goalscoring account for the season.
But he admitted Albion had to battle hard for the win which sent them five points clear in the Championship.
The midfielder produced a cracking strike for what turned out to be the winner in a 2-1 success at home to Rotherham Stephens, pictured, thought he had scored in the recent thriller at Ipswich but the goal was credited to Tomer Hemed, who also netted last night.
There was no debate this time as he crashed a shot past Lee Camp.

Stephens told The Argus: “I caught it sweet! It’s great to get off the mark officially and hopefully I can add a few more.
“I just tried to hit the target, like I do with any opportunity I get to score.
“I just tried to work the keeper and thankfully it snuck in.”
Albion have now won six out of seven ahead of the trip to Wolves.
Stephens added: “It’s obviously a good result in the end. I thought we played very well in the first half.
“I thought we kept it basic, we moved the ball well. It was probably one of the best halves of football we have played all year.
“We couldn’t emulate it in the second half. It’s not very often you do it all game anyway.
“Towards the end they made a few changes, put big Greg (Halford) up top and caused a few problems – but thankfully we held on.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here