Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 19 points

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Chris Hughton has achieved in 7 (seven) games what it took Sami Hyypia 22 games (which was also the whole of his Albion career) to achieve.

N-n-n-n-n-n-n-nineteen points.

Screen Shot 2015-09-16 at 11.02.14.png

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Yes, I thought yesterday that we're going to Wolves (the eighth game of the season) with more points than we did last season (the 22nd game). Amazing turn around from last year.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Good innit! When was the last time we had 19 points or equivalent after 7 games? I am guessing that this is our best start in the second tier ever

I was wondering the same thing - has to be, shirley? Must be there or thereabouts for best ever start to any season ever, too??

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
19 point mark over previous Championship seasons:
2014/15 - 22 games
2013/14 - 15 games
2012/13 - 13 games
2011/12 - 12 games

League One 2010/11 - 9 games

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Remember all those people who were complaining about the Semi out chants and saying we should get behind him?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Next obstacle to overcome is to win a game in October, which something none of our previous managers at the Amex, have achieved.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
In 2007/8 Watford had 35pts from 15 games and were 8pts clear at the top. They finished 6th have garnered only another 35pts from their next 31 games...

Since them, in each of the last 7 seasons, the team top of the Championship after 15 games (early November) has ended the season promoted to the Premier League. I refuse to get even mildly enthusiastic until at least November.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Remember all those people who were complaining about the Semi out chants and saying we should get behind him?
It wouldn't surprise me if I was one of them, and nothing's changed. When doing badly, we need to get behind the team and let the board sort out the managerial problems.

I'd rather BOAST after a lot more than 7 games, far too early to get above ourselves
It is far too early, but we're allowed to at least be happy we're doing well, and look back in horror at last season.

In 2007/8 Watford had 35pts from 15 games and were 8pts clear at the top. They finished 6th have garnered only another 35pts from their next 31 games...
Let that be a lesson. Because I'd be very happy to be on 35 pts after 15 games, but it's still no guarantee.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I was wondering the same thing - has to be, shirley? Must be there or thereabouts for best ever start to any season ever, too??

Closest I can find for Div2 is 77-78 when we started with 5 wins and 2 draws.

I think, but it will need verifying, that this is our equal second best start ever. 1957-8 6 wins and a draw. (lost game 8)
Our best ever, again I think, was 1953-4 - 7 wins and 1 draw. (lost game 9).

So I reckon this is our best start to a season for 58 years.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
It wouldn't surprise me if I was one of them, and nothing's changed. When doing badly, we need to get behind the team and let the board sort out the managerial problems.

Except, of course, that in this instance you're entirely wrong. The club had no plans to sack the clueless one and it was almost exclusively the reaction of the fans at the Milwall game that drove him to decide to resign. So, we the fans saved our Championship status.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'd rather BOAST after a lot more than 7 games, far too early to get above ourselves

It's not boasting, or getting ahead or above ourselves - it is the statistics right now. Not seen many comments getting above ourselves at all. But **** me, most of us will enjoy a great run while we can!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here