Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First and Second?

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
So 7 games in and ticking along nicely. Let's look ahead.

Predict which two teams are going to go up without the FAFF of the play-offs this season

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Lot of football to play. Bournemouth were 15th at this stage last season, W2 D2 L3. Anything can happen. Would think M'Boro will be in there, but it's a dog fight between everyone else.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
This division is impossible to predict especially at this stage, one or two injuries could scupper any sides chances. But you'd have to say Middlesbrough seem to have quality players pouring out of their ears. Adomah can only make the bench for them? Scary stuff.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
****ing hell! Let's get carried away hey! 5 points clear with an excellent squad. Boro and bhafc promotion celebration party last game of the season

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Agreed Boro the stand out side and then anyone from halfway ish! That includes us but to stay in that position all season is a huge ask.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
There is no way this division is all about who will finish behind Middlesbrough FFS. They're obviously a good side, but there are a fair few good sides knocking about. I'd say Middlesbrough were nailed-on to finish in the top six, but that's about it as far as guarantees go.

Never mind the Albion and Derby, look at Hull, Burnley, Reading, Fulham and QPR - all of whom have recent Premier league experience and/or parachute payments.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not bothered about the other team but there is always the surprise package, I believe that is us this season, although we have shown our hand very early. Having said that haven't we been top in September for three of the last five seasons??

Boro, Derby or Burnley for the other auto spot.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Boro are last seasons Derby for me... best squad but the wheels will fall off. I would have an outsider make the grade, possibly Birmingham. I also feel we've got the tools this this year to give it an almighty shot. Our bench this year is arguably better than under Poyet. All will be clearer at Christmas but for now I'm fairly confident we will be there or there abouts.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
If we get 9 points clear, big if! then we can afford to drop the odd point here an there and keep a strangle hold on 1st or 2nd position.
Still think we will make 5th or 6th though, in reality.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Not bothered about the other team but there is always the surprise package, I believe that is us this season, although we have shown our hand very early. Having said that haven't we been top in September for three of the last five seasons??

Boro, Derby or Burnley for the other auto spot.

Positively oozing optimism Icy. At what point did you think we'd be in the top two?

My boy, the mrs and I always do season predictions, which we did before the Hull game. They both went for fourth, I went for eighth. I now think we'll make the play-offs.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Albion, and I don't care but reckon Hull.

I still think we are a striker light, but maybe Elvis is that man, or maybe we'll get someone to fill the #21 shirt in January.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Positively oozing optimism Icy. At what point did you think we'd be in the top two?

My boy, the mrs and I always do season predictions, which we did before the Hull game. They both went for fourth, I went for eighth. I now think we'll make the play-offs.

After we beat Hull I realised that this was probably not a flash in the pan. I am still somewhat nervous about my prediction and reserve the right to change my mind once we have played one of the division's REAL big boys (money splashers, being Boro, Derby and Boro)

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Never mind the Albion and Derby, look at Hull, Burnley, Reading, Fulham and QPR - all of whom have recent Premier league experience and/or parachute payments.

You make a good point, but I think (as we're showing so far) it's more about the team than the individuals, which is why teams that haven't spent top dollar often still end up getting promoted.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Middleborough blew it last year. Since then they have bought in Nugent (good but nothing special , definitely overpaid) , downing (very good signing at this level) and de Peña who is unproven. I'm not quite understanding the level of hype around them.

As I said before the hull game, they have the most expensive squad in the championship. They spent around 40 million a couple of seasons ago and have kept most of the players. Also spent around 7 million in the summer. Silly numbers for the championship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here