Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The scary thing is...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
As good as last night was and this season so far has been, I still think we can play a whole lot better. We showed glimpses last night, short passages of play that were on another level to anything I've seen from us in the last 2-3 years.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
I know.
The same happened in the first half on Saturday.
I have a feeling that we are going to be very, very good soon.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
The last two games we have been far from our best imo. But we beat a promotion candidate with a very talented squad and a team at the wrong end of the table fighting hard to get anything out of the game, which is always a banana skin.

Hughton did not sound particularly happy after the game last night and I think there are a couple of key areas we need to work on, but very nice to emerge from these 2 games with 6 points

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Domination by any measure.

We do need to be more clinical though.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442386811.167433.jpg

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
It has to be unusual that we have won so many matches by the odd goal. Winning is everything but I look forward to a time when we start to batter the opposition.

:)

It has to be unusual that we have won so many matches by the odd goal. Winning is everything but I look forward to a time when we start to batter the opposition.

:)

If we put our best 11 out, then I think we will. Regrettably March, JFC & Ince as reasonable as they are - will not be party to a stonking win if playing for 90 minutes against a Championship side

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
We look good in all areas and dominated the game last night, and in patches played some very convincing football. But there is definitely more to come. This could be one of the great Brighton sides.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
The last two games we have been far from our best imo. But we beat a promotion candidate with a very talented squad and a team at the wrong end of the table fighting hard to get anything out of the game, which is always a banana skin.

Hughton did not sound particularly happy after the game last night and I think there are a couple of key areas we need to work on, but very nice to emerge from these 2 games with 6 points

Great start and lets be thankful for what we have -it has been so much better than last year, though I am sure that is not necessarily saying a lot. There were some great moments during the match last night, but the doubts do remain if we are just winning games by the odd goal at home. This squad has clear potential, but it must be shown in terms of goal difference to reflect our dominance. To be fair, it is games like this in the past that we would probably only have drawn, and many clear chances were created, but we have to be more clinical at home, because, sure as eggs, with us being at the top, away from home we are the ones that other teams will do their utmost to topple.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Great start and lets be thankful for what we have -it has been so much better than last year, though I am sure that is not necessarily saying a lot. There were some great moments during the match last night, but the doubts do remain if we are just winning games by the odd goal at home. This squad has clear potential, but it must be shown in terms of goal difference to reflect our dominance. To be fair, it is games like this in the past that we would probably only have drawn, and many clear chances were created, but we have to be more clinical at home, because, sure as eggs, with us being at the top, away from home we are the ones that other teams will do their utmost to topple.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Are you a teacher by any chance?
I agree with it all but it is written in the style of a school report.��

Looking forward to a game like the 6 - 1 stuffing of Blackpool of a couple of seasons ago (7 - 0 to the Albion to be precise) and just hope it is a game I get to see.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

I am delighted compared to last year. Just pointing out that we haven't been at our best in the past couple of games but we are winning matches which is great to see. But feel as though we can raise our game more and make games more comfortable for ourselves.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Agree with the OP. More to come I think. Rotherham are where they are because they are poor. We dominated but still it so easily could have been a draw at the end. Not saying we were hanging on but the crowd gasped when six minutes of added time was announced. We could have been 3 nil up and everyone would love to see six more minutes but we played with a little bit of anxiety which showed.

If and it's a big if we can erase that anxiety we have the makings of a team challenging for promotion. I still think the attacking options will improve with the addition of Manu who may or may not be a gem, Murphy looks good and Bobby, Tomed, Bulldog, improving with game time, not forgetting the Finn and Real signing.

Happy days, I can only see this squad getting better, it wasn't a fantastic performance last night but a good three points and some nice football was enjoyed.:clap2:

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I'm actually looking forward to games now. Last season and even the season before that wasn't the case.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Two great positives this season

High number of shots
Low ratio Shots:Shots on goal

Last season we had a few games where we mustered 1 or two shots in the whole 90 minutes and had none on goal

Impressive no doubt.

TNBA

TTF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here