Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Title odds

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/winner

Ours continue to tumble. :)

But WHY are Middlesbrough as short as 2/1 for the title, even 13/8 with some bookies? How can any team be that short for the title? It's not the SPL, FFS!

Celtic were 40-1 on last season (which I suppose I should write as 1-40, but it just looks a bit strange).
Still think we especially want Boro, Hull, Derby and Burnley to be dropping points. Would be surprised if at least three of those don't finish in the top six. Feel free to bounce (especially if you make a more successful prediction).

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not sure about predictions but I do think ourselves and Burnley are the value bets there. There is certainly no value in Boro or Derby as far as I can see. I think we went under the radar until very recently, and people will expect us to drop off, despite the competition and strength in depth we seem to have. Burnley too will be strong. Middlesbrough and Derby are short odds based on reputation of a handful of big name players and their propensity to wave cash about. I guess that should suit us.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I reckon any team who finish above Boro, will be champions

The ones expected be around the play-offs are there now. Brighton are the only surprise package, although I expected us to be up there in the play offs, in no way could I have dreamt of a start to the season like this. Now if I am honest, I think that we are as good as anyone in the league.

We know how to get in front. We know how to hold a lead. We havn't been tested on the , can we come from behind in a match but so far so good in everything else

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The ones expected be around the play-offs are there now. Brighton are the only surprise package, although I expected us to be up there in the play offs, in no way could I have dreamt of a start to the season like this. Now if I am honest, I think that we are as good as anyone in the league.

We know how to get in front. We know how to hold a lead. We havn't been tested on the , can we come from behind in a match but so far so good in everything else

Good God I hope you're right. Murphy was brilliant tonight. Very intelligent footballer. I'm wondering how quick he is though?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
According to BV we are 4/9 to be in play offs at worst come the end of the season.

Which is nice...

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Good God I hope you're right. Murphy was brilliant tonight. Very intelligent footballer. I'm wondering how quick he is though?

He is very quick indeed both travelling with and without the ball. As I mentioned before he is extremely DIRECT. His weak point is that he doesn't have a lot of power in his shots but I think his other attributes will allow the fans to forgive him on that one

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
But WHY are Middlesbrough as short as 2/1 for the title, even 13/8 with some bookies? How can any team be that short for the title?

Can only be weight of money - lots of tobys will have them in their accas. Same when we won league 1, scumhampton were still favs for ages when they couldn't keep up with this with that smug bin dipper **** in charge. :ascarf:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Wish I'd taken some odds on top 2 at beginning of season. Feeling quite good about my £5 on Hemed as top scorer at 50s though (now 14.5)!

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
I put a very modest amount on at the start if the season, 25/1 for the title, 8/1 promotion and 7/2 top 6.

I got the 8/1 promotion bet on early days too. As per the other thread, I think it'll be via the play-offs rather than auto.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here