Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Six minutes?!

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I've seen player injuries that take ages to sort out, and then have much less stoppage time than that. The ref just picked a number out of a hat.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I've seen player injuries that take ages to sort out, and then have much less stoppage time than that. The ref just picked a number out of a hat.

4th official added the time he spent arguing with fatty and his sidekick or wiping pie crumbs off his kit after being shouted at by the chubster ?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Kayal and Baldock both down for at least 2 mins each, so it was probably about right

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
If I'm not mistaken, we finished just about the same time as the ManUre game and they had the 9 minute delay for Luke Shaw's broken leg. That game also had five substitutions. Total lack of consistency between different officials.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I thought 3 or 4 mins - must have been Evans in the 4th officials ear all night.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
If I'm not mistaken, we finished just about the same time as the ManUre game and they had the 9 minute delay for Luke Shaw's broken leg. That game also had five substitutions. Total lack of consistency between different officials.

I am entirely convinced that the fattest manager in the league and his useless ginger **** of an assistant had something to do with it.

Turgid football, useless tactically AND in the officials ears and they're still ****. Have to feel sorry for Rotherham fans. Slightly.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
It's 30 seconds added per sub plus a couple of injuries and Steve 'bargain bucket' Evans being spoken to 6 minutes was probably about right.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I think you will find that 3 minutes were added on when someone had to navigate around Evans to retrieve the ball.
At least with Bruce and Evans being in the away technical area over the last few days the pitch should stand up to 30 rugby players for the RWC.

Zickro

Aug 9, 2015
Steve "ate all the pies" Evans did not stop hassling the 4th official an lino, at the end of the day its night and at the end of the night its day 3 points is 3 points, Garcia changed the home dug out because the home changing room is towards the north, when Guss was in charge they would leave the changing room and switch sides before walking out so guss could give the lino an earful. I predicted 3 mins though!

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Kayal and Baldock both down for at least 2 mins each, so it was probably about right

The two injuries definitely accounted for that and I was actually expecting it. Though the two Albion did not slowly amble off when subbed, neither did they run, and I did notice the ref watching their footsteps all the way to the bench, so think he may have added time also for that.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Despite popular belief, 6 minutes was right.

5 substitutions (2.30)
2 goals (1:00)
Kayal injury
Baldock injury

The Kayal injury suspended play for at least 2 minuets, so that's 5 minuets from that, the goals and the substitutions alone.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
He stopped his watch when March sauntered off...he showed it to the players

Strange ref...didn't put up with any players writhing about like they were having a seizure, and also didn't fall for the daleyesque penalty appeals...but then was inconsistent with his penalisation of fouls.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
That 4th Official must have hit the Paracetomol big time after the game to rid himself of the earache he got from Billy Bunter and his sidekick from the word "go". Every decision was questioned, every Albion challenge was a bookable offence. I'm sure if he could've made the added time any less, he would've done, just to get away from the Gruesome Twosome even a minute sooner....

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
2 injuries, 5 subs (i believe one sub came on at half time), 2 goals and the ref having to speak to the rotherham management pair about their conduct.

6 mins, by how it is meant to be calculated, is probably spot on.

Also, added time is clearly "the ref has added a MINIMUM of ". Yet the MOMENT it ticks to 6 mins you have people going MENTAL :lolol:

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Why isn't time kept by someone other than the ref?

Use a clock in the stadium, as soon as a goal goes in, it is stoppoed and restarted when play is kicked off. Same for substitutions. Silly to just have a set 30 seconds. If a team is time wasting, they sub a player on the opposite side of the field who ambles off, stopping to applaud the fans = way more than 30 seconds. If they are under time pressure, the player sprints off = about 10 seconds.

It would be the end of arguments and cut down on time wasting. Cannot see a negative to it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Ha! This thread perfectly mirrors the conversation I had with my mate where I said "6 minutes, where the **** did he get that from?" and my mate said "all the subs, two goals, talking to Evans and injuries, About right."

The added time to added time was for Stockdale time wasting. I actually worried he'd be sent off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here