Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Catering disasters tonight

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I've actually thought twice about posting this, given just how brilliant the club have been on and off the pitch of late, but let me relay my experience from tonight.

19:00 big central unit in WSU: ask for a special pie (sold out) and Harveys (provided); ask for a chicken & chorizo pie (sold out); ask for a steak pie (provided)
19:30: big central unit in WSU: three others and I pre-purchase four Harveys for half-time
20:30: pre-purchase point in WSU: no Harveys (for pretty much anyone) despite having pre-paid for it
20:40: friend tries to buy a special pie (none still available), then a chicken & chorizo pie (none still available)
21:40: big central unit in WSU: try to buy a Harveys (sold out)
21:45: all bars in North Stand: try to buy a Harveys or guest beer (all sold out)

Was I blessed with bad luck. Or does Steve Evans like Harveys, guest pies and chicken & chorizo pies? ...

[edit] ... and the guest beer

Last edited:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
WSU upper was ****ing shite. Pies sold out at 7.30, sent someone down to get pies at HT pies not cooked and then pies sold out again at the end of half time.

The WSU is shite for catering.

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
East Upper south kiosk at 7.30pm - no pies at all, or cheese and onion thingys. One or two hot dogs and half a dozen cheese burgers across all the cabinets. Bought two cheeseburgers - one had coleslaw in the other didn't. F'cksake...sort out the catering - surely they know by now people arrive from work and need to eat something,!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
WSU pre-match: ordered lager, got lager, drank lager

WSU half-time: ordered lager, got lager, drank lager

ESL post match: ordered lager, got lager, drank lager

jobsagoodun

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
Just before half time at the west lower kiosk nearest the south end, was told that there was no Harvey's anywhere in the whole stadium - completely sold out.

Walked 20 seconds down to the next kiosk where there was about 40 pints of pre-poured Harvey's. Communication would help.

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
[ûQUOTE=Machiavelli;7079715]I've actually thought twice about posting this, given just how brilliant the club have been on and off the pitch of late, but let me relay my experience from tonight.

19:00 big central unit in WSU: ask for a special pie (sold out) and Harveys (provided); ask for a chicken & chorizo pie (sold out); ask for a steak pie (provided)
19:30: big central unit in WSU: three others and I pre-purchase four Harveys for half-time
20:30: pre-purchase point in WSU: no Harveys (for pretty much anyone) despite having pre-paid for it
20:40: friend tries to buy a special pie (none still available), then a chicken & chorizo pie (none still available)
21:40: big central unit in WSU: try to buy a Harveys (sold out)
21:45: all bars in North Stand: try to buy a Harveys or guest beer (all sold out)

Was I blessed with bad luck. Or does Steve Evans like Harveys, guest pies and chicken & chorizo pies? ...

[edit] ... and the guest beer[/QUOTE]

Can you pre purchase beer I've never heard of that before?

17:34: 2000 calories worth of steak, sausage, pork chop, burger, bacon, chips, tomato, mushroom and onion rings plus a cold Lager £7.49 in Wetherspoons West St. funny enough after that I didn't feel the need to queue for 20 minutes to pay four pound summink for a dry roll and an a sausage

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
WSU queued for ten minutes - Harveys sold out
DB after, right hand side only bottles
second round no Harveys at all. no bottles, no draft

****ed off and went for a beer in town

Dear Sodexo, we realise that you are really gearing up for the egg chasing Charlies but if you don't plan to sell any Lewes beer please let us know before I waste my time queuing. Sh1te service. again.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Think its nature's way of telling everyone with any sense to to desert the WSU and join the waiting list for the North Stand. The ST is cheaper, the atmosphere's better, the queues are shorter, there's more catering outlets than you can shake a stick at, PLUS you'll have a close-up view of 90% of goals scored at the Amex. Oh, and you'll be in pole position for the Early Leaver Express Seriously, there is nothing not to like in the North.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Think its nature's way of telling everyone with any sense to to desert the WSU and join the waiting list for the North Stand. The ST is cheaper, the atmosphere's better, the queues are shorter, there's more catering outlets than you can shake a stick at, PLUS you'll have a close-up view of 90% of goals scored at the Amex. Oh, and you'll be in pole position for the Early Leaver Express Seriously, there is nothing not to like in the North.

You're profoundly wrong here THPP:
-- we have scored, and will continue to score, the majority of goals in the first half: quick out of the blocks
-- sit in the wings of the WSU, and season tickets are cheaper than the north

(I'll grant you atmosphere, can't say too much about catering, although I did manage to get three Harveys in WSU tonight and A BIG FAT ZERO in the north.)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here