Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murphy and March

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Two wingers, but completely different performances tonight.

Murphy- Gliding past Rotherham defenders with apparent ease and, had there been a bit more movement from our strikers, could have had 3 assists quite easily. Fully deserved man of the match award.

March- Unfortunately, once again, lacking in end product and decision making overall was poor. I appreciate he is a young player who will develop these attributes as he gets more regular game time but can't help thinking a short term loan could be beneficial for him. After Murphy's performance tonight, and with LuaLua, Rosenior and Elvis waiting in the wings I think his appearances will be very limited.

Last edited:

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I was surprised that Rosenior was dropped to be honest, after having looked good so far. However you could forgive the manager for looking at this fixture and wanting to a go a little more attacking.

Sadly however March wasn't even remotely threatening.

He's a young lad and I have faith he'll get better but right now we've got better options.

When we gonna see Elvis anyway?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Think March is on about his last throw of the dice and just got thrown in against bottom of the table to see if he could hack it. He barely could. OK, he's a young lad yada yada but this is not the season for the side to be carrying passengers. And if he keeps giving Bruno hospital passes, he'll end up getting decked by his team mate, and sooner rather than later.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Hughton has a decision on Saturday on who to choose to play on the wide positions, playing away from home I can see him recalling Rosenior in place of March but can you drop Murphy after tonights performance and bring Kaz straight back in to the team?

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Could have done better with a couple of decent chances in the 2nd half. Did well first half. Rosenoir will be back for Wolves.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hughton has a decision on Saturday on who to choose to play on the wide positions, playing away from home I can see him recalling Rosenior in place of March but can you drop Murphy after tonights performance and bring Kaz straight back in to the team?
March played well, but Kaz was the best player in the whole division for August, so it would hardly be a surprise if he started.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
You raise a good point. Murphy certainly deserves to keep his place but similarly how can you not make room for Lua Lua on current form when available?

Would Hughton be brave enough to throw them both on from the start in a tough away fixture though?

Great problem to have mind

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

I think I mentioned that in another thread a couple of days ago that Lua Lua's suspension might cost him his place in the team for a bit. And to be honest, that's the same for everyone. With such quality coming off the bench, anyone who drops their game at all is very radily replaced now. That's the position we want to be in, so a nice problem to have.

Murphy will have more difficult tests than Rotherham though, so I can see these two replacing each other frequently throughout the season. March has as much skill as both of them. What he lacks is self belief though. Manu must be thinking to himself. How do I break into this side ?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
You raise a good point. Murphy certainly deserves to keep his place but similarly how can you not make room for Lua Lua on current form when available?

Would Hughton be brave enough to throw them both on from the start in a tough away fixture though?

Great problem to have mind

It would be amazing to see 2 pacey attacking wingers in tandem again. Last time I remeber that was the 3-0 against Palace with KLL and Buckley.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing

Murphy- Gliding past Rotherham defenders with apparent ease and, had there been a bit more movement from our strikers, could have had 3 assists quite easily. Fully deserved man of the match award.

March- Unfortunately, once again, lacking in end product and decision making overall was poor. I appreciate he is a young player who will develop these attributes as he gets more regular game time but can't help thinking a short term loan could be beneficial for him. After Murphy's performance tonight, and with LuaLua, Rosenior and Elvis waiting in the wings I think his appearances will be very limited.

Good assessment - im not sure that March is ready for a run in the team, Murphy looks decent though

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Has March ever smashed the ball into the goal? Really properly traction engined it.

I'm beginning to think he's a very poor man Arsenal forward.
Requiring a perfect set of circumstances leaving him to just whiff the ball over the line, without even troubling the net.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
March was the weak link tonight and that became more obvious when we needed some composure and possession towards the end, surprised CH took as a long as he did to bring Rosenior on. I thought Murphy looked very good, real quality and great movement when on the ball.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003

I have to agree

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here