Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could tonight be lowest league home attendance since Amex properly completed?

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
I reckon just over 20k tonight :-(

anyone know the current lowest, tried googling it but gave up after a while as I'm sure one of you lot just know these things :bowdown:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I thought success was supposed to bring in the crowds. Must be plenty going tonight who can't go on saturdays...eager to see the ' new look ' Seagulls.
We got 22k + for the Blackburn game which was at peak holiday time and also affected by the tragic events at Shoreham.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think a Freedom of Information request revealed the actual attendence vs Wigan on a Tuesday night last season at about 16k, when it had been announced at around 24k.

We're flying high this time though, so I don't think it'll be an all-time low attendance. Probably around 22 again.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
hOXRGvM.jpg

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
My estimate is 22K announced, fewer in the stands. But seriously who cares? It's a great opportunity to bag another three points. If we can sustain this form the attendances will take care of themselves.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Season ticket renewals were down by 2000 which was a result of last season's shambles. It will not be immediately offset by this season's success. Even if all of them want to see a game they will not all book a ticket for the same game, meaning the announced number starts at a disadvantage, Rotherham will bring next to no one meaning some of our walk ups will need to replace missing away fans. It's school time so quite a few kids won't go. We've got two friends coming on two of our kids' tickets but they are replacements not additions.

All this means I think we will be slightly down at around 21k announced circa 20k in the door.

That said if I wasn't a STH already I would be CHOMPING at the bit to see this team. The four game discount should start to appeal and if we're still top in the second half of the season tickets will be like gold dust.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Why would anyone want to forego a match now when we are top of the league and when there's a chance Bobby will get his first goal since his return?

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
I am let to believe that Brightons lowest league attendance as announced was 18,412 on 20 March 2012 where those attending enjoyed a 2 nil victory over Derby County.

Going through checking the years, your attendances since moving to Falmer are pretty impressive.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We got 22k + for the Blackburn game which was at peak holiday time and also affected by the tragic events at Shoreham.
I assume it wasn't affected by the crash, as the attendance is tickets sold, and people aren't paying on the gate.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I am let to believe that Brightons lowest league attendance as announced was 18,412 on 20 March 2012 where those attending enjoyed a 2 nil victory over Derby County.

Going through checking the years, your attendances since moving to Falmer are pretty impressive.

Look how many people missed the greatest Amex moment to date, who knows Bobby could change that tonight.

Personally I don't mind a low midweek crowd, makes getting back to Lewes on the train a bit easier.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Look how many people missed the greatest Amex moment to date, who knows Bobby could change that tonight.

Personally I don't mind a low midweek crowd, makes getting back to Lewes on the train a bit easier.

Bit of this.........also hoping the game is dead and buried after 80 mins with us coasting, because LOADS will then leave early as well, making travel even easier.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Bit of this.........also hoping the game is dead and buried after 80 mins with us coasting, because LOADS will then leave early as well, making travel even easier.

All depends on the mix of people leaving early, if loads of Seaford line people leave then its a nightmare as they won't get on the earlier Eastbourne train but wait, clogging up the platform holding everybody else up.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I may be imagining it but when we have lower gates the atmosphere is often better - it's like the support has been distilled or concentrated down to those who are the noisiest.

Hope there's a good vibe tonight because I imagine Rotherham will be on a damage limitation exercise and just trying to shut up shop. We need the players getting a boost from the stands, especially if (as I suspect) it's still goalless after 60 minutes.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here