Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"You need seven" Update

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Shamelessly nicked from a comment on the Uwe thread. Tony Adams famously said you need "Seven fighters" in your team to be successful. Who are ours?

King Kayal is name number 1, without a doubt.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Stockdale, Greer, Honeymonster, Kayal, Stephens, Hemed and Rosenior for starters, plus some on the bench ?

Interesting question to have posed or to compare with last season...........

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Kayal, Stephens, Hemed, Stockdale, Uwe, Greer, Bong, Rosenior, KLL. I don't see BZ as a fighter but he is.a leader. Baldock developing yappy biting terrier qualities. maenpaa has potential too. Just as important no wasters like Kemy

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Kayal, Uwe, Stephens, Hemed, Bong for sure. Then any two from Greer, Bruno, Stockdale, Rosenior, Crofts (if he plays), but not sure who. One thing's for sure, we're overflowing with committed 'leader' type players who I'm sure have a certain degree of nastiness when required too.

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
Just one mention of KLL so far. Seems to have undergone something of a transformation this year. CH made the point the other day that the reason he's picked up so many yellows this year is that he's defending hard even though he's not a natural tackler.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
And thinking about it we haven't just got a random collection of fighters - we've got a spine of strong fighters who seem to play for the shirt: Stockdale, Uwe, Kayal, Hemed. It does all look and feel impressive. But let's always remember, this is the Albion so anything could happen

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I thought the reference to fighters was literal, as in players that would pile in with a few haymakers if/when it kicked off in the tunnel post match, as opposed to figurative 'fighters' on the pitch. For the former, I'd say: Greer, Uwe, Bruno, Kayal, Stephens, Hemed. Not sure about Bong or KLL, and Stockdale and Rosenior are both too nice to imagine them getting involved in fisticuffs.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought the reference to fighters was literal, as in players that would pile in with a few haymakers if/when it kicked off in the tunnel post match, as opposed to figurative 'fighters' on the pitch. For the former, I'd say: Greer, Uwe, Bruno, Kayal, Stephens, Hemed. Not sure about Bong or KLL, and Stockdale and Rosenior are both too nice to imagine them getting involved in fisticuffs.

It's always been fighting for each other and the club.

Which is why Calde has always been near the top and Kaz rarely did.
Although if someone even thinks about touching Bong that may well have to be reviewed.

The original thread makes for some good reading as (in hindsight) it clearly predicts last seasons shambles.
12 months ago there wasn't 7 fighters, at the club, now we have a squad who;d give Barnes, El Abd etc a run for it's money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here