Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was the Opera singer miming to Abide with me on saturday

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
or is there a hell of a time gap between sound and screen.

She clearly didn't open her mouth for the first few words.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Not miming. Not a fan of her voice though. Lay off the vibrato pet.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I was stood about 10 yards from her. She was absolutely not miming - and for the record, she looked as moved as anyone else during the tributes.

Seems a nice girl - I too though, would rather have a tenor singing , especially for SBTS.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
I can't sing - so can't really criticise. And Saturday was such an emotionally charged and important event but I did feel her voice was a bit too shrill for my liking. Having said all that I was so lost in the emotion of it all it really didn't matter.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Why on earth would she mime?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The girl was mining, the beer was flat, the car park was shut and the pies were stale. Sort it out Albion!

I would love to see/hear a decent marching band play "SBTS" at the Amex - The Kohima Band of the Princess of Wales Royal Regiment would do nicely.

Haven't been to Lewes Bonfire for many years but they used to be regulars there and always did a very stirring rendition of the tune - once well after midnight at the close of proceedings outside the Town Hall! Do they still attend there, anyone know, Lord B perhaps?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm going to be a tad blunt - even if she was miming ( which she clearly wasn't ) what the f**k does it matter ??

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Err Milli Vanilli?

I don't think the example of Milli Vanilli is particularly relevant here. Or was it Scritti Politti, anyway, who didn't make their own records, which is what I presume you are alluding to.

PS - No, you were right - it was Milli Vanilli.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
It didn't sound like she was miming.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here