Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huenemeier press conference on Seagulls Player

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
http://www.player.seagulls.co.uk/latest-news/76031c8a-998d-49cb-b7fc-8e0f84faa335

Man, I am a BIG fan. Future Albion skipper, I reckon: rock-solid professional, clever guy and my MoM on Saturday. He put in a hell of a shift back there; he had to.

I'll stop before I get too carried away ahem...anyway here's to unser Uwe carrying on as he's started. :thumbsup:

I do believe that the Albion signing a German has made your season???

He does seem to have all the characteristics of a winner, which is VERY German.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I do believe that the Albion signing a German has made your season???

I cannot deny a little bit of bias...seriously, it's not just that though. Top, top player.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Settling-in nicely off the pitch which is vital. Got an apartment and family moved over from Germany.
I suspect Albion's player support team will be pretty good. - would be nice to hear something of their work.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Settling-in nicely off the pitch which is vital. Got an apartment and family moved over from Germany.
I suspect Albion's player support team will be pretty good. - would be nice to hear something of their work.

That's one thing that has been very noticeable about this season's new arrivals, they all seem to slot right in straight away and seem happy to be here. It's all good.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Be great to see Dunk along side him. Greer has done well so far this season but I can't help thinking we would be that little bit stronger with dunk in there even if it is just for an added goal threat at the moment.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I see Goldson stepping in too...he is a bit more mobile than Greer, and will give Dunk a run for his money.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Be great to see Dunk along side him. Greer has done well so far this season but I can't help thinking we would be that little bit stronger with dunk in there even if it is just for an added goal threat at the moment.

Huenemeier is very clear on the importance of Greer as captain guiding and talking him through games.
Excellent defence. No changes wanted.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was going to start a thread yesterday about the number of good blokes that we seem to have in the squad now - the complete opposites to the Leon Bests and Kemy Agustiens of this world.

We all love Calde, obviously, but the likes of Bruno, Stockdale, Kayal and Rosenior are all very likeable people, I think, and I was going to put Huenemeier on my list too.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I tell you what really, really grates with me. People still trying to gently ease Greer out of the side despite him playing a pivotal role, once again, in a very miserly defence. I really don't get it.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I tell you what really, really grates with me. People still trying to gently ease Greer out of the side despite him playing a pivotal role, once again, in a very miserly defence. I really don't get it.

Exactly this. At very least the bloke playing next to him knows better than most people how valuable he continues to be.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Has anyone told him that this shìt grey weather is a feature for 9 months a year in this country? ???

If anyone was going to do that, please don't.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I was going to start a thread yesterday about the number of good blokes that we seem to have in the squad now - the complete opposites to the Leon Bests and Kemy Agustiens of this world.

We all love Calde, obviously, but the likes of Bruno, Stockdale, Kayal and Rosenior are all very likeable people, I think, and I was going to put Huenemeier on my list too.

Too bad we couldn't land Craig Conway a while back - you absolutely LOVED him too. :lolol:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Spot on. This is becoming such a factor for me in how we are doing - not necessarily nice, but committed too (in which case I'd very much add Tomer and Sam to the list of the newer recruits). The lack of loanees is a really big deal I think. Also beginning to look like the recruitment side (CH, most probably) looks very much at how individuals fit into the team/club, not just their position on the pitch.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

This is a good point. I really struggle to support players if they're bell-ends no matter how good they are. We have the basis for a very very likeable team.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

At Fulham you could see the likes of Jonesy and Watto chatting away with Uwe before and after the game; it all seemed about as relaxed, friendly and, slightly wet as it might sound, welcoming as you might hope for. One can never tell but it looks from the outside that team spirit is sky high.

CH is an obviously nice guy, amongst his many other attributes; I suspect he might well value that in the people around him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here