Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Upgrading a child's ST

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Got a mates and his boy's season tickets for tonight. Will I be able to upgrade the child's one in the shop before the game or does it need to be the owner of the ST? Would try and chance it but the ticket is for my brother who is in his mid 20's and clearly not a kid...

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Got a mates and his boy's season tickets for tonight. Will I be able to upgrade the child's one in the shop before the game or does it need to be the owner of the ST? Would try and chance it but the ticket is for my brother who is in his mid 20's and clearly not a kid...

It's easily done, and you don't need to be the owner to do it. You need to get in the ticket queues though, not the shop.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You can do it over the phone. You will be asked for some details relating to the ticket holder such as DoB or address.

You will then be emailed at Print at Home ticket to be used instead of the card for this evening's game.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
For anyone interested I always upgrade my son's ST for midweek matches outside of the school holidays. It gives me a chance to have a few beers with my mates without worrying about childcare and stay for a pint afterwards.

I always phone the ticket line a couple of days ahead. Last few times they have emailed me a pdf that I have sent on to my mate by email for them to print at home but at the start of last season we collected from the ticket office on the night. Collections has a reasonably small queue as long as you get there early.

Cost in WSU of a single upgrade is £20

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

It depends on the age range of the original ticket. An under-10 (or whatever it is) season ticket costs 25% of the full rate, whilst an over-10 season ticket costs 50% of the full rate. The latter is a cheaper upgrade than the former. I think when I upgrade my daughter's season ticket, who is 12, it only costs about £12.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
It depends on the age range of the original ticket. An under-10 (or whatever it is) season ticket costs 25% of the full rate, whilst an over-10 season ticket costs 50% of the full rate. The latter is a cheaper upgrade than the former. I think when I upgrade my daughter's season ticket, who is 12, it only costs about £12.

True. Mine's under 10s

Frank Inkerman

Veteran of the Crimea
Just be prepared for a surprise on the cost though - unless you already know. Assuming that it is the same as last season the cost is not the difference between a child ST and an adult St on a pro rata per match basis but it is ...... the difference between the child ST pro rata & the match day price for an adult. So in the case of the ticket I upgraded it was £40 - £13 = £27 & not £28 - £13 = £15 !!
Rotherham will probably be a lower category game though so not so much of a difference.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
For anyone interested I always upgrade my son's ST for midweek matches outside of the school holidays. It gives me a chance to have a few beers with my mates without worrying about childcare and stay for a pint afterwards.

I always phone the ticket line a couple of days ahead. Last few times they have emailed me a pdf that I have sent on to my mate by email for them to print at home but at the start of last season we collected from the ticket office on the night. Collections has a reasonably small queue as long as you get there early.

Yup, this - quick phone call sorts it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just be prepared for a surprise on the cost though - unless you already know. Assuming that it is the same as last season the cost is not the difference between a child ST and an adult St on a pro rata per match basis but it is ...... the difference between the child ST pro rata & the match day price for an adult. So in the case of the ticket I upgraded it was £40 - £13 = £27 & not £28 - £13 = £15 !!
Rotherham will probably be a lower category game though so not so much of a difference.

No, it used to be the former and more expensive, it's now the latter and cheaper. I assumed it's a "feature" of the ticketing system, but upgrades are now much cheaper than they used to be.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Is there a new way of making a quick phone call to the club? Can't say I've ever managed to have a call answered without a long wait?

Depends on when you call I suspect. Called them yesterday morning just after nine am to upgrade mine for today. Was number 1 in the queue, it flipped almost immediately to an operator and I was finished with the transaction in less than five minutes on the phone, The print at home ticket email arrived a minute after that.

For busier, higher category games I have indeed waited longer but I'd rather just do that with the phone on loudspeaker next to me that waste VDT queuing up on the night. I do work from home at flexible hours though. If I was permanently office based 9-5 then I'd do what you do.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Depends on when you call I suspect. Called them yesterday morning just after nine am to upgrade mine for today. Was number 1 in the queue, it flipped almost immediately to an operator and I was finished with the transaction in less than five minutes on the phone, The print at home ticket email arrived a minute after that.

For busier, higher category games I have indeed waited longer but I'd rather just do that with the phone on loudspeaker next to me that waste VDT queuing up on the night. I do work from home at flexible hours though. If I was permanently office based 9-5 then I'd do what you do.

I'm talking any time of day, any time of year!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here