Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Squeeze playing at Lewes town hall !

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Squeeze are doing a benefit gig for Lewes FC at the town hall next Monday , just ordered my two tickets , get in !! You have to be a Lewes FC owner though, can't wait :thumbsup:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Nearly bought tickets for their recent tour, hideously overpriced so did not bother.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Nice quote from Chris Difford on the Lewes FC official site:

Cool For Rooks…
“Lewes is now my local football club and their Manager Steve Brown was a legendary defender at Charlton in the nineties, so Glenn’s happy too. Add that to the fact that this really is a people’s club and we couldn’t be happier with the fit.”

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Nearly bought tickets for their recent tour, hideously overpriced so did not bother.

Tickets for Squeeze, could never be overpriced. My fave band when younger; however, they were ripped off by their record company when they were young and they don't own the copy rights to all their old work, which is why they all still need to tour. One of their ''Guitar technicians'' is a client of mine but awkward to go to on a Monday evening for me or I would have loved to have gone to it

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Great band, still enjoy listening to their music, it has aged well.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Squeeze are doing a benefit gig for Lewes FC at the town hall next Monday , just ordered my two tickets , get in !! You have to be a Lewes FC owner though, can't wait :thumbsup:

With respect, I think Lewes might need to advertise it WAY more widely and lower the entrance criteria somewhat before Monday unless the band want to outnumber the audience. I mean, as of an hour two back, there wasn't even any mention of the gig on the Lewes FC official site.

Jul 15, 2011
Lewwwwwwes
With respect, I think Lewes might need to advertise it WAY more widely and lower the entrance criteria somewhat before Monday unless the band want to outnumber the audience. I mean, as of an hour two back, there wasn't even any mention of the gig on the Lewes FC official site.

No need, ticket numbers limited to 300 for Lewes fc owners. All owners were emailed directly with the details and instructions for purchase, 2 tickets max per owner, at least 1 owner to be at the gig per pair of tickets. Cost significantly cheaper than the Dome tickets. I'll be very surprised if all 300 tickets not sold out.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
No need, ticket numbers limited to 300 for Lewes fc owners. All owners were emailed directly with the details and instructions for purchase, 2 tickets max per owner, at least 1 owner to be at the gig per pair of tickets. Cost significantly cheaper than the Dome tickets. I'll be very surprised if all 300 tickets not sold out.

Fair enough. though you're placing a lot of faith in the demographic of Lewes FC owners. Wishing you all the very best with ticket sales obviously, and trust that you'll offer first dibs on any shortfall to NSC. :thumbsup:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

I would have been ' tempted ' to go to this, but I'm not a Lewes FC owner.

Good band , hope you enjoy it.

Jul 15, 2011
Lewwwwwwes
image.jpg

Not the 1st Lewes FC fundraiser of course. This one with a rare lineup of Syd Barrett and David Gilmour in aid of the fund to purchase floodlights was quite a big one.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here