Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are Herbalife and juice plus reps the most annoying people around?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
All they do is roll out American motivational crap....and hark on about having the best job in the world.... annoying!

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
"You could be like me and work your own hours, be your own boss and really smash the work-life balance!"

Oh yeah? So why do you still work 40 hours a week in Tesco then?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
"You could be like me and work your own hours, be your own boss and really smash the work-life balance!"

Oh yeah? So why do you still work 40 hours a week in Tesco then?

"wwell done Doris, you smashed it out of the ballpark" #ooosh smashed it! Eat clean. #l#lovehelpingothers

Grrrr

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
Yep... Pretty much spot on.
I know someone who has done this kind of thing for a firm for nearly a decade..
He's always saying his bonus is just about to arrive and make him rich... Enough to buy his second hand car and rent a nice house. He can't accept that had he put as much energy into a weekly paid or monthly salaried job rather than commission, he could have got a mortgage and a brand new car by now����

He and other poor victims of this scam can't seethat its a genius idea.... Get a bunch of mugs to slog their guts out whilst chasing a fat carrot that doesn't ever really get reached, whilst their company owner gets the pay

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Its not even that hard to make money on your own if you can source your stock I have no idea why people get sucked into this shite.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
The Naked Juices promo staff who have turned up in my office at least three times in the past fortnight are pretty damn annoying too. Does it come with the faux-healthiness? (the sugar content of those juices is off the wall)

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I had a load of the Herbalife twats following me on Twitter and they nearly had me until I did some research on them
And yes, turned out the products had some very questionable ingredients and were known to make people severely ill with little to no benefits, whilst the whole business is of course just a massive pyramid scheme. They spend millions on advertising (LA Galaxy etc) and nothing on testing/developing their products, it's a shame that so many people are fooled by it.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Yes. ****ing hate them.

They always seem to be the people who know absolutley nothing about health and fitness that promote them too.

"Take this little pill everyday, and you are guaranteed to lose weight. (But you have to eat clean and exercise too)

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
Bunch of scammers with no fitness qualifications at all. Some of them are borderline dangerous - recommending 600 kcals a day plus a shot/pill/shake etc. No wonder they lose weight!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I sometimes take the child's chewy sweet Juice Plus on a running day or if I feel I have been neglecting my five a day. Got a stock dirt cheap off E-Bay. Have no real intention of getting them regularly off a rep and they're used purely as a supplement - I've also started taking cod liver oil capsules for the same reason.

They should never be used in the way some of these reps spout off and as far as losing weight is concerned they are a total placebo. However, vitamins and suppliments can help some of the people some of the time if you know what you're doing.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Although I don't have time for this means of selling, as long as they don't say "it does what it says on the tin" or "after all that's what we do" I can live with it ! :smile:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Never understand how things like this even bother people!

Anybody remember that TV clip with the Indian Herbal Life seller? Interviewer thought he was saying that he was selling 'Horrible Life' :)

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Mate of mine got caught up in this. He went to a meeting where they sold him the idea that if he gets 5 people to buy from him and those 5 each get 5 more buying from them who buy from him and those ............ He was convinced that within a few weeks he would have 30 people to supply and within months that number would be in the 100's. Pyramid.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Kleeneeze are the same sort of thing. My wife's friend was one of their reps for a while, it made her Facebook feed unbearable, Kleeneze this, Kleeneze that. Put me right off them rather than making me want to buy anything. She didn't get rich.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Mate of mine got caught up in this. He went to a meeting where they sold him the idea that if he gets 5 people to buy from him and those 5 each get 5 more buying from them who buy from him and those ............ He was convinced that within a few weeks he would have 30 people to supply and within months that number would be in the 100's. Pyramid.

2 things I have learnt not to mention to these brainwashed cretins.....1, DO NOT tell them it's a pyramid scheme....they become fierecly defensive.....and 2, DO NOT ridicule them for putting pictures of every meal they have on Facebook! Their followers will start ganging up on you lol,

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
Similar stuff seen, about Kleeneze..

.Catalogue delivery, collect orders, simple..'

What they don't mention is that the catalogues have to be bought by the reps, and commissions feeds back up the chain. I doubt there are any new patches available, for someone to target now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here