Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many points needed to go up this time round?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Given what we've seen this season will the top 2 teams need to be in the 80s, 90s or 100s to win the league?

Bournemouth 90
Watford 89

Leicester 102
Burnley 93

Cardiff 87
Hull 79

Reading 89
Southampton 88

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Perhaps at this time, we should be looking at how many points needed to avoid the drop and, as we finished last season with 47 points, we are doing well thus far having acquired 16 points to date after only six games.

Yes we are doing OK so far but we are about four months away from even considering how many points might be needed as depends upon how many draws occur week on week within that time.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
So in 75% of those cases shown, 90 points won promotion.

So we need 74 more points from our remaining 40 games at 1.85 points per game.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Let's just get 50 points as soon as possible and take it from there, depending on how many matches are left.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I reckon 85 points give or take will do it this year.

Having had a look at the fixtures, I reckon we'll get into the late 70s. But we've only played 6 games, so I'm probably way off.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Perhaps at this time, we should be looking at how many points needed to avoid the drop and, as we finished last season with 47 points, we are doing well thus far having acquired 16 points to date after only six games.

Yes we are doing OK so far but we are about four months away from even considering how many points might be needed as depends upon how many draws occur week on week within that time.

Have to agree. A quarter of our way to safety is all I am thinking at this stage.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Current BHA at SkyBet:

To win 7/1
Promotion 5/2
Relegation 66/1
To stay up 1/500
Top 6 4/5
Outside top 6 - Levels you devils
Win play-off 12/1
Top 2 100/30

GET ON!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Current BHA at SkyBet:

To win 7/1
Promotion 5/2
Relegation 66/1
To stay up 1/500
Top 6 4/5
Outside top 6 - Levels you devils
Win play-off 12/1
Top 2 100/30

GET ON!

Top 6 looks like best value to me. If we win tomorrow, chances are we'd be a whopping 8 points clear of 7th already!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
One more point or a better goal difference if level on points with the team that finishes third should do it.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
To much optimism on here I think. We had a similar start to the 1st season at the Amex, and ended up finishing mid table. Hope this season doesn't finish the same way, there's a long way to go though.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
To much optimism on here I think. We had a similar start to the 1st season at the Amex, and ended up finishing mid table. Hope this season doesn't finish the same way, there's a long way to go though.

This. Took 5 points from next 12 games after the great 2011 start. Don't people understand that football is fickle. Enjoy it while it lasts, and hope it continues. End of story.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
This. Took 5 points from next 12 games after the great 2011 start. Don't people understand that football is fickle. Enjoy it while it lasts, and hope it continues. End of story.

I was only asking how many points to win the league; this is all get rather sad and fatalistic.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia

Agreed, once we get past say, 45 points then relief will set in.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here