Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OT: Hotel for Heathrow?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
A challenge for NSC: I need to drop Mrs McF-T at Heathrow around noon on the first Monday in October. From where we live down west, that means a hotel or B&B on the Sunday night, within easy striking distance.

Anyone know somewhere decent? Preferably not a motorway service station, or noisy city centre. Need parking, and a pub for food on Sunday evening would be great. Oh, and not too expensive!

TIA :thumbsup:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
A challenge for NSC: I need to drop Mrs McF-T at Heathrow around noon on the first Monday in October. From where we live down west, that means a hotel or B&B on the Sunday night, within easy striking distance.

Anyone know somewhere decent? Preferably not a motorway service station, or noisy city centre. Need parking, and a pub for food on Sunday evening would be great. Oh, and not too expensive!

TIA :thumbsup:

As you probably already know, hotels near Heathrow are quite expensive, so if you want to go cheap you'll have to do the Travelodge experience ???
There are some fairly decent pubs in the Datchet, Old Windsor or Eton Wick area.
http://www.royaloakwindsor.com/
Uxbridge has some town pubs, but nothing special.
Trip Advisor is probably your best bet :thumbsup:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I work around Heathrow quite a bit. From a cost point of view, tend to have to use the Travelodge a fair bit - the one they call Teminal 5 is usually available at about £45 + £7.50 parking and the beds are pretty decent since they upgraded. Wouldn't have touched them with a barge pole before. I'm usually getting there about 1 in the morning though so don't have quite the same agenda as you.... A place that's been highly recommended to me recently by a colleague is this one in Hillingdon, and he seems to be backed up by the reviews. For the area, it looks great value: http://www.the-watersedge.co.uk/home

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Stayed at the Windsor Marriott for a night before flying out last year. Was great for me as we got the night in the hotel plus car parking in their car park for two weeks for about £150 but it sounds like this wouldn't be needed in your case. Had a decent meal in their on site pub restaurant and they had another more upmarket restaurant if I remember correctly. There was also a Toby Carvery across the road that did a cheap full English that was about a quarter of the price of the hotel one. Might be worth a look

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Thanks all, will check the suggestions. I should add that we don't need to be too central (should be cheaper further out), and that I will drop her at the airport, so no need for train/tube.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here