Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris O'Grady

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Having read that thread I do believe they are getting a little carried away!! We seem to have loaned out a player who is better than Ulloa and Murray combined.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
This could - I said could - be another sign that there are a fair few teams in this division who simply aren't yet playing to the standard we're currently setting, even to a greater extent than that suggested by the currently league table alone.

There. I've just absolutely TORN it.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Give it till Christmas when they are floating around the drop zone and he has scored barely any goals.

See how good they think he is then.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
dont think COG is as bad as people say. Who will be the new scapegoat now he has gone and JFC isn't getting much game time?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I quite like COG, but maybe at the time of the Walsall game he knew he was off to Forest (or somewhere), so there was less desire to impress, compared with the first game of a loan spell with a hometown club?

Whatever happens, I've seen enough on the recruitment and playing sides to think that Hughton knows what he's doing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If he does well it will add to his value next summer.
I doubt the club would hold out for x amount more in any transfer dealings.
CoG just has to be good enough to get completely off the wage bill.

Thinking about it, as CoG is pretty good at the last 15 minutes 'hold the ball' portion of the game.
I wonder if the Albion could loan him back from Forest, but they still pay a percentage of his wages. :dunce:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There is something to be said for a non-goalscoring centre forward. Emile Heskey built an entire career out of it, and Michael Owen famously said he was by far his favourite strike partner to play alongside.

I have to say though, I like my strikers to be capable of scoring goals. I guess I'm just old fashioned.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I seem to remember he had a bit of a honeymoon period here when Hughton gave him the 'vote of confidence' last season after Hyypia shipped him out on loan. However, I do hope he keeps performing well because he doesn't fit into our system at all, think it would be best for the club and Chris to part ways at the end of the season.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
This is a win win for us. If he performs like he did at the weekend and helps take points from our rivals then great. Someone may even come in at the end of the year and bid for him.
If he is terrible, then at least we are not watching it and some of his wages are paid

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I doubt the club would hold out for x amount more in any transfer dealings.
CoG just has to be good enough to get completely off the wage bill.

Thinking about it, as CoG is pretty good at the last 15 minutes 'hold the ball' portion of the game.
I wonder if the Albion could loan him back from Forest, but they still pay a percentage of his wages. :dunce:

If we didn't have Zamora he would still be getting his 15mins each game. In truth, without him, we would be stuffed if Zamora or Hemed got injured.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here