Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rosenior hails Albion's spirit [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Liam Rosenior says Albion are showing the same spirit Hull had when he helped them win promotion to the Premier League.
Rosenior made his full home debut against his old club in the 1-0 victory at the Amex which has the Seagulls sitting pretty at the top of the Championship, four points clear after six games.
Rosenior, promoted with Hull in 2012-13, told The Argus: “It’s been a great start. One thing that was apparent in the Hull team was we had good players, for sure, but everyone was willing to work for each other and there was a spirit and camaraderie among the group when things were against us.
“They were in the second half when Hull had a lot of possession. Everyone was willing to fight and run and battle and tackle for each other.
“Initially they are the ingredients you need to be successful and so far we have showed a lot of character in games, especially at Ipswich coming back. We need to keep that going. You see when we score goals it’s not just us celebrating. You see the bench celebrating, the staff. The players disappointed not to start still want us to do well.”
Summer signing Rosenior, the last player off the pitch, has also been impressed by the compassion of the club and supporters in the aftermath of the Shoreham Airshow disaster.
Saturday’s match was dedicated to the 11 victims, including groundstaff member Matt Grimstone and his Worthing United colleague and Albion fan Jacob Schilt.
Rosenior said: “I went round the pitch because it’s been a very difficult time for everyone in this area and I just wanted to show my gratitude. The support they gave us was fantastic and we are going to need them if we are going to have a successful season.
“You see here how people care about each other, even people that were not immediately affected showed the care they have for the situation those families are in.
“I thought everything had a touch of class about it. That’s one of the reasons I joined this football club. It’s a Premier League club in waiting and hopefully I can help that become a reality.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here