Middlesbrough v Brentford
Preston v Bristol City
Bolton v Sheff Wed
Reading v Derby

QPR v Blackburn (Wednesday)

Screen Shot 2015-09-14 at 13.15.17.png

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
It looks like such an easy game to extend our lead at the top - so why does that worry me?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Because there is no such thing as an easy game in the Championship and we are due a poor performance....

We were pretty crap against Blackburn and Huddersfield but got four points.
I reckon we're due a huge dose of bad luck and a scoring blank..

...But I think that'll come at Bolton.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I feel a 1-0 loss coming, but that's just because I'm still hungover, I'll go for a 3-0 stuffing to the good guys!

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Reading v derby will be interesting one

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Another MoM performance from Chris O'Grady then please.

He could turn himself into an Albion legend yet!

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Rotherham are yet to win a league game...

We are yet to concede a goal at the Amex...

We have scored in every game we've played this season....

Something surely has to give!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Rotherham are yet to win a league game...

We are yet to concede a goal at the Amex...

We have scored in every game we've played this season....

Something surely has to give!

We have scored first in every game we've played this season. Not sure why something has to give in the Rotherham game. But it will at some point. Let's enjoy it while it lasts.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Mental that after just six matches, even we lose and every other result goes against us, we'll still be top!

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Interesting that the Championship has more unbeaten teams than any of the other divisions right now. Could this season buck the trend ?

Hell of a load of draws though already. Maybe the "3 Points for a Win" formula is finally wearing off. I remember how awful it was before that came in.:facepalm:

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Interesting that the Championship has more unbeaten teams than any of the other divisions right now. Could this season buck the trend ?

I think that emphasizes the point that this division is so tight, although there are more teams unbeaten there are so many draws where neither side is better than the other on the day. Steve Bruce summed it up pretty well post match on Saturday. A lot of games can be settled by one mistake or one bit of quality. All the games we've won so far have been by a one goal margin.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
It's a bit like that home game against Barnsley a couple of years ago - we were on a good run, they were bottom, had just sacked their manager - and the inevitable happened.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Because there is no such thing as an easy game in the Championship and we are due a poor performance....

Well, i hope the game against Hull wasn't classed as a really good performance, because The pundits are claiming that hull dominated most of the 2nd half. And totally Shite in the 1st!.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
On Saturday there was a quiet period in the second half when The Albion were getting bogged down and it felt like the team needed reminding:-

"we are top of the league".

It'll be good to keep reminding Rotherham just how up against it they will be tomorrow.

el punal

Hate playing the teams in the relegation zone. They're always gonna put up a fight.

That generally happens towards the end of the season, when desperation takes over. Having said that, I agree with you on this one. Look at us last January when we played Ipswich, we were 19th and they could have gone top if they had beaten us. We turned in probably the best performance of the season and won 3-2. It's a funny, old game Saint.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here