Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
hughton-130915-l229-2686312_478x359.jpg

Chris Hughton and Steve Bruce.
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:00 14th September 2015
by James Hilsum
It has certainly been a better start than we could have anticipated. This division is such a tough one. "
Chris Hughton

CHRIS HUGHTON is thrilled with the flourishing striking partnership of Sam Baldock and Tomer Hemed, after Albion continued their impressive start to the season with a 1-0 win over Hull City.
He said, “We took the opportunity for them to work together in pre-season. Tomer was probably the first player that we brought in and he had not had much of a break having been involved in international duties.
“The two of them were able to work together a lot during that period and I’m pleased for both as I knew that I wanted to go two up front.
“I predominantly used Sam on the left hand side last season because Kazenga [LuaLua] was injured and that was one of the options that we had.
“It has certainly been a better start than we could have anticipated. This division is such a tough one.
“We are at home again on Tuesday, but what has actually pleased me more is the results away from home. They are often more difficult to achieve and, certainly last season, a lot more difficult.
“I would certainly rather be where we are now than where we were in my period of time last season. Of course it brings pressure but that is another challenge for the lads."

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

STEVE BRUCE was left frustrated by his side’s performance against Brighton and insists that his side must improve their poor away form.
He told hullcitytigers.com “The first half definitely wasn’t good enough.
“The second half was a bit more like it as we had a lot of possession but without that cutting edge which was frustrating because when I look at the talent we’ve got at the top end of the pitch with* Aluko, Hernandez, Akpom and Diame, you’re hoping you can create a chance.
“We managed two or three attempts on target, but we didn’t really create the big chance that we needed to create.
“We were poor early on and made a really bad start. That’s three times we’ve made a poor start away from home and we have to be better and realise what this division is because at the moment we haven’t got it right away.
“We have to find a system and a formula that suits us away from home and we found it difficult from the first whistle against a very decent Brighton team. We have got the players to find that right system.
“At home we’ve been particularly pleasing and done enough to win games and it’s important that we keep that going, but if we’re going to mount a challenge we’ve got to go to places like Brighton and get something and we didn’t do enough to do that.”[h=3]ALBION V ROTHERHAM UNITED*
[/h]TUESDAY 15TH SEPTEMBER, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V CARDIFF CITY*
[/h]SATURDAY 3RD OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V BRISTOL CITY
[/h]TUESDAY 20TH OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here