Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiffs 3rd kit will cost £699 to buy

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Yes, you did read right.

Cardiff have made the odd decision of only letting fans buy the 3rd kit if they sponsor a player in that kit for the 15-16 season - oddly the kit will be presented at the end of the season, so no one will be able to actually wear it to a match whilst the kit is current. Also chances of it being used are slim, as it'll only be worn if the blue home and red away both clash with the home sides colours, so that's going to be against .... errrr, Palace if they get them away in the cup?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/new-cardiff-city-shirt-cost-10041552

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
You just know there's some poor sod who prides himself on the fact he owns every Cardiff shirt since 1913 or something who is faced with the biggest conundrum of his life right now.

Baffling decision seeming there's only 2 clubs in the 92 who'd clash with both kits and neither of them are in the same league as Cardiff (Palace & Dagenham). I can't see it even boosting the amount of people who would want to Sponsor a player. £700 for a kit that the team will almost certainly never wear? Hardly bargain of the century. Suppose exclusivity might swing 1-2 people but overall it's just bizarre.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Nice kit though

COtFfGpWwAA6lpE.jpg

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
They might wear it at Burnley ???

Had thought about that, but Chelsea have played in blue against them previously in that claret and light blue kit, so no clear reason why Cardiff wouldn't do either.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Cardiff have made the odd decision of only letting fans buy the 3rd kit if they sponsor a player in that kit for the 15-16 season

Not true

"The decision to not release the kit to the public was taken by shirt manufacturers adidas as part of their policy to only produce two replica kits for Championship teams"

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
so really this is a gift that goes with sponsoring a player.

and actually sensible policy from Adidas, there's zero need for third kits.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Had thought about that, but Chelsea have played in blue against them previously in that claret and light blue kit, so no clear reason why Cardiff wouldn't do either.

Yeah true, but we've worn our change kit up there before although we didn't last time we played there.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Not true

"The decision to not release the kit to the public was taken by shirt manufacturers adidas as part of their policy to only produce two replica kits for Championship teams"

That seems a bit arse about face, surely Cardiff are the customer and if their willing to pay for a third kit then why on earth would Adidas refuse ? Bizarre.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
That seems a bit arse about face, surely Cardiff are the customer and if their willing to pay for a third kit then why on earth would Adidas refuse ? Bizarre.

They don't want to devalue their brand. We're talking high quality, bespoke, designer gear heere WS. It's not like Cardiff's other two kits are just crappy teamwear you can go out any buy from any old shop substantially cheaper without the badge and spons.... oh.

http://kitking.co.uk/product/adidas-campeon-15-long-sleeve-shirt/14157
http://kitking.co.uk/product/adidas-condivo-ss-shirt/11088

In all seriousness, I have no idea why kit manufacturers have these insane policies. The only policy which I think would make some sense would be to not have a teamwear equivalent of a kit for any team in the top two divisions. That would make sense.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
As far as I can see it. This is merely a way of giving something to the people who sponsor a player something for their money, instead of a pen or a t-shirt or watch or clock. I think it's a good idea. Some clubs give free advertising space in their programme for sponsoring a player but what if you have nothing to advertise but still want to support your club more financially. I think it is quite a nice touch by the club.

If you look back at the Malky Mackay incident at Cardiff, everyone was slating Vincent Tan for sacking Mackay, then when the story broke I think it changed many peoples minds and a lot more people saw him justified in what he did.

So if that's the way they choose to reward fans who want to put more into their club then fine by me. Sad for the people who collect kits but can't afford it but in life we cant always have everything we want. I always wanted a 10 inch c**k but it never materialised.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I like the idea, and it could work well with local small businesses who want to invest in their club. They will have something a little out of the ordinary to show for it hanging in their reception/offices. It's a talking point, and that can only be good for the club and the business investing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here