Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderon

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
The Hull game was the first of the season I have managed to get to the game fairly early. I did notice Calderon was warming up with the subs before the game even tho he was not on the bench. I also noticed he was shaking the players hands and patting them on the back ect as they went off before the game. Looks very much like he is moulding into a coach. Has he been warming up before the game in any other home games this season?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The Hull game was the first of the season I have managed to get to the game fairly early. I did notice Calderon was warming up with the subs before the game even tho he was not on the bench. I also noticed he was shaking the players hands and patting them on the back ect as they went off before the game. Looks very much like he is moulding into a coach. Has he been warming up before the game in any other home games this season?

From the Diary section of the Argus on Friday:

Inigo Calderon has NOT joined Albion's coaching team. But don't be surprised to see him helping set-up warm-up drills before games. Calde, above, was out early laying out cones and markers before the last home game against Blackburn.

"It's not his new job!" boss Chris Hughton said. "But, knowing Calderon and the way he is about the club, he probably thought that was one way he could help at a busy time."

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

You have been watching the highlights on player. They said exactly the same word for word ;-)

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
what a great man he is, standing respectfully by the dug out during the tributes.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
If he doesn't get a playing contract next season (which IMHO is quite likely) then the club would be wise to retain him in a coaching role.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I would also like him to stay. But if he wants to return to Northern Spain, who could blame him?

Whatever, give him a testimonial.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I would also like him to stay. But if he wants to return to Northern Spain, who could blame him?

Whatever, give him a testimonial.
No one would if that's what he wants. He's earned the right to do what he feels is best.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
I think he's openly said that he'd like to prolong his playing career for as long as possible. Perhaps a player/coach role would suit him?!

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
He must be the most popular player at Brighton for many years, I really hope we find a position for him.

I can think of a position I'd like to see him in............:blush::love::blush::love:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I have heard that his farts smell like roses, and make the sound of a harp being gently plucked.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Recall he ran a triatholon for Chestnut Tree Hospice a couple of summers ago:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

calde.jpg

:thumbsup:

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
In which case he had better make a start on his coaching badges then. The club certainly won't offer him a job just putting the cones out.
No, but they might offer him a variety of jobs elsewhere in the club whilst he studies them, if he even wants to be a coach. Maybe something on the community side of things, where he seems to be in his element (from public persona anyway).

Personally, I'd employ him just to be around the place. I'm not saying it'd be a wise way to spend some money, nor that there'd be a real benefit, I just like him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here