Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football Rosettes

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Was reminiscing today about rosettes in the 1960's that so many of us kids collected. For me I would buy the rosette of our opponent on the day, for my collection and had whole wall full of them! Always remember the there being a few sales pitches on way from Hove station. Also I am sure that at back of the Chicken Run was a wooden "shed" where i would spend my hard earned paper round money on a b & w photo of whoever my hero was at the time! Good times. The rosettes came to mind after coming across some on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/football-rosettes

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Was reminiscing today about rosettes in the 1960's that so many of us kids collected. For me I would buy the rosette of our opponent on the day, for my collection and had whole wall full of them! Always remember the there being a few sales pitches on way from Hove station. Also I am sure that at back of the Chicken Run was a wooden "shed" where i would spend my hard earned paper round money on a b & w photo of whoever my hero was at the time! Good times. The rosettes came to mind after coming across some on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/football-rosettes

Wow, didn't we buy some tacky merchandise in those days!

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Pennants. Now theres a memory.

I also remember cutting out Typhoo Tea vouchers with which you could send off for decent sized photos of players! Not Albion of course but a dozen or so internationals of the time.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
The nostalgia of rosettes, wooden rattles, silk scarves..... Good memories, but can't say I want to see any of them come back.

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
In need of a little TLC ???

BRos.JPG

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
And what about half time scores, needed good eyesight to read the letters and numbers on scoreboards

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I wouldn't mind a rosette revival.

Please no! Fine in their day, but things have moved on considerably in the last forty years.

They look decidedly amateurish now. Just a piece of card with the club's name badly printed, attached to a rosette of the appropriate colour.

Times have moved on thank goodness.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Me too. Never, ever seen one at a game, though.

Love to see football rattles make a comeback, I fear Health and Safety would put the kybosh on that though as it could be used as a weapon. Love the sound of them at football matches, so much classier than clackers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here