Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barber

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Some of the criticism of him in the past has to be quite honestly ridiculous. He works closely with Tony Bloom on the financial matters but it was poor signings that cost us last season and I suspect that it why Burke got the Spanish Archer. That and the fact that Hypia was clueless. Neither of those appointments were solely down to Barber. Lessons were learnt this season though so credit where credit is due and of course his entire response on behalf of the club over the air crash has been exemplary.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
IMHO the bloke has fully bought into the club's ethos, has toned down the 'customer' CorporateSpeak and appears to realise just how much the club means to the local community. By his actions over a quite considerable period of time now, he has indeed been a credit to the club. :clap2:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
IMHO the bloke has fully bought into the club's ethos, has toned down the 'customer' CorporateSpeak and appears to realise just how much the club means to the local community. By his actions over a quite considerable period of time now, he has indeed been a credit to the club. :clap2:

he is what he is, a corporate man. It is what Bloom is demanding in order to safeguard his investment

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
he is what he is, a corporate man. It is what Bloom is demanding in order to safeguard his investment

Don't care about all that stuff.

On a human, personal level, he's surpassed corporate expectations and directly connected with the fans. Give the bloke credit where it's due. He could hardly have done more.

IMHO, like.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Don't care about all that stuff.

On a human, personal level, he's surpassed corporate expectations and directly connected with the fans. Give the bloke credit where it's due. He could hardly have done more.

IMHO, like.

He is doing what he is paid for, and doing it well. He will do the same for the next paymaster. I am pleased he is with us, it his helping Bloom. I just wont join a barber love in

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
There seems to have been a bit of a cultural change at the club, which has now been magnified a million times by Shoreham (there have been several other examples on here recently of how things are being done differently, and that's away from the playing side and we all know how that is going). This wouldn't have happened without the CEO driving it. I tend to think he has learned from his mistakes (much quicker than a lot of CEOs would have, and most would have been bloody-minded about doing things their way). Yes he's a paid employee and doing his job, but my God he has gone up in my estimation in the last few months. He was on the walk yesterday chatting to anyone who wanted to (despite what was obviously a logistical headache going on all day at the ground)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here