Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rugby World Cup Etiquette

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
We're counting down now to the egg chasers. I have a ticket 'just because' it's in Brighton and it's a World Cup, but what is rugby etiquette?
Can I listen to the Albion game on my radio?
I can drink in the ground, but will it be Harveys?
Can I shout "handball"?
Dare I ask "Are the South Africans any good"?
Info needed please for all us rugby virgins.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Whoever's in charge of the catering will need to serve beer a bloody sight quicker than normal.
They'll need to pre-pour more than the usual 2 pints.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Anyone notice yesterday the four corners where the American Express Community Stadium logos are had a tied up banner on each presumably to change the branding for the Rugby.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Every time a South African gets the ball, it is traditional to encourage them. "Dik Kop" (Great pass) and "Jy Vet Drol" (well played Sir!) being the most acceptable forms. If they are not playing well, they can also be encouraged by throwing warm liquid over them.
Blaming the referee for everything is also a must. If there is a South African fan near you moaning at the ref, ask them to explain the rules to you - they are bound to know :rolleyes:.

Last edited:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Be prepared for dandily coloured corduroy.

"Ohh... vermillion trousers, Sir, suits you..."

"Suits you, Sir"

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
It's just the same as football, go along watch the game and have a laugh with your mates.
Atmosphere may be a bit sterile though what with the crowd being generally neutral and predominantly made up of day trippers who have no interest in rugby other than it being at our stadium.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
One thing that has made me smile are the Samoa scarves, piled high for sale in the Amex Superstore. Exactly how many do they think they are going to sell?

I mean, how many Samoans do you know?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here