Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stewards.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
As I reached the top of the stairs yesterday, before I took my seat, I noticed a steward standing to my right. I said to him "How are you doing mate?" , to which he replied " Good, you?" I told him I was fine and took my seat. Surely we have the best stewards in the league, probably the world. I love this club. #together.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Stewards in the north stand yesterday let everyone/anyone stand if they wanted to without any hassle, surely the way forward...

Barber IN

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
A couple of stewards in the North could have been a bit better briefed on the solemnity of the pre-match occasion IMHO. But overall, they were top-notch :clap2:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Looking down at the North Stand, there seemed to be hundreds of them, trying to blend in with the crowd, surreptitiously.

Those jackets though, a complete give away.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Very true, though there are one or two outside who aren't employed by the club who leave quite a lot to be desired.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
OT a bit, but there was an 'interesting' steward at Together The People last week. At one of the most chilled, friendly, family based gatherings I have seen, he was actively seeking out people he could intimidate. He was aggressive and a little out of control.

There you go.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Biggest difference on a stewarding front for me this season is allowing people to take their beer outside post match and sit on the grass bank outside the East stand. Although I guess that may change when the likes of Leeds come down.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
OT a bit, but there was an 'interesting' steward at Together The People last week. At one of the most chilled, friendly, family based gatherings I have seen, he was actively seeking out people he could intimidate. He was aggressive and a little out of control.

There you go.

Sounds like the bloke who threw me out after the Norwich game.
I was completely innocent as well:whistle:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Looking down at the North Stand, there seemed to be hundreds of them, trying to blend in with the crowd, surreptitiously.

Those jackets though, a complete give away.

My wife said something very similar.

After 30 years I know when to keep shtum. :lolol:

On the subject of stewards I hate it when they move them around. It's great to arrive and have a chat about how everyone has been doing/family/travel etc. we really do have an exceptional group. Not long back one of the girls on maternity leave brought her baby in to say hello. Can't think of too many clubs where that would happen.

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
As I reached the top of the stairs yesterday, before I took my seat, I noticed a steward standing to my right. I said to him "How are you doing mate?" , to which he replied " Good, you?" I told him I was fine and took my seat. Surely we have the best stewards in the league, probably the world. I love this club. #together.

We have the best stewards in the league . . . simply because he passed the time of day with you?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Stewards at entrance always say hello as though they are my friends, as does the bloke at the entrance to the stand and then the guy at the top of the steps in the ground. Same guys every game and all great. Not forgetting the bus staff as well. The 'head' bus guy is also very friendly. Yep, "we've got the best security - in the land"

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Two Stewards blocked my path on the way back to our coach after the game which was parked in the upper coach park I asked them politely to move as this was the way we needed to go and they reluctantly moved I think they where brought in Stewards with bad manners. The ones in the WSU are always polite.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
much prefer Millwall's stewards. They are the best

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here