Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Crashing my Laptop

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I think it's ads, it's a script which keeps giving problems and I end up having to kill my browser.

Only over the last few days. Sony Vaio Pro 13, Windows 8.1.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yes. NSC has gone extremely "clunky" on me a couple of times today. I switched from IE to Firefox as I thought it might be the browser.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I had these warnings pop up on NSC a couple of weeks ago;

nsc_002.jpg

nsc-001.jpg

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think it's ads, it's a script which keeps giving problems and I end up having to kill my browser.

It's a script, anyway - it has affected my PC for ages; Seems to be something to do with NSC. Eventually I bought a laptop, which works fine - I don't go to NSC on it though.

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
On my iPad mini, it takes forever Main Stuff to open sufficiently to select Big Board without inadvertently opening another section. Typing this is inordinately slow at the moment

Also the Big Board menu collapses to half width so it is almost impossible to read.

Apart from that it is fine. Perhaps I should switch it off and switch it on again.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Me too. Laptop running windows 10 and using chrome. Keeps freezing and 'not responding' comes up. Only for the past week or less. Now you mention it, only when NSC is running in one of the tabs. I allow ads on my blocker for this site.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Definitely something wrong with it. It's properly trashed my laptop. I accidently clicked on an advert and boom, PC riddled with false browsers, nag ads, site swerves. The effing lot. It's pretty much fried my mother board. Not pleased at all.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
there has been some dodgy ads coming though NSC on and off for a couple of weeks, completly lock up my broswer. not been able to id the culprit as obviously its not visable and once restarted new ads are served up.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Went on via firefox and imac this morning and it was very resource hungry. On the ipad though it is fine again after a rocky period awek or so back so i am stating on this

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We use ads from four (reputable) networks including Google Adsense.

These ads are served to millions of sites such as NSC every day.

We used to be Adsense-only but we have repeatedly had warnings from Google due to content on NSC so I diversified in order to minimise the risk of losing most of the revenue that keeps the lights on.

We have had instances of bad adverts creeping into the Google network that diverted people to potentially malicious sites. Google weeded them out but that's not to say that others don't creep in from time to time.

It's difficult/impossible for me to block the ads individually not just because I probably never see them myself.

Ads shouldn't impact the performance of the site either but, again, they clearly sometimes do. I can try to do something about this but it will involve some trial and error although, again, if I'm not getting the 'bad' ad(s) in question it can be difficult to diagnose. I'll try though - it's clearly in no one's interest if the site is running badly.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
I've only really noticed it since yesterday. My browser just ends up crawling to halt until I have to restart it. Annoying, but not fatal. Yet.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] Not sure it's the ads. I have ad blocker but disabled for NSC. The site is slow loading and after a while (5 to 10 minutes) just stops with 'unresponsive' coming up. I've had bbc.co.uk & sky sports up on their own this morning and no problems but as soon as I add NSC it freezes. In my case both chrome & internet explorer.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I can try to do something about this but it will involve some trial and error although, again, if I'm not getting the 'bad' ad(s) in question it can be difficult to diagnose. I'll try though - it's clearly in no one's interest if the site is running badly.
'NSC is not responding due to a Long Running Script' is a message that keeps coming up. I realise that could be anything (and it could be something that is on my computer, not NSC), but if you are able to identify and eliminate it, that would be great.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Only over the last few days. Sony Vaio Pro 13, Windows 8.1.

Exactly the same (and even the machine, although I bet mine is nicer:wink:) I'll scroll on to see if someone has a solution . . . .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
OK, I have scrolled to the end. The very strange thing is that the nightmare that made me flounce this morning appears to have stopped. I did not have any pop up problems, just NSC grinding my Mozilla to a halt.

All seems to be good right no. Off to watch Sky . . . . have a nice afternoon one and all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here