Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Adebayor Released

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
He has talent - but his attitude isn't good. If there is a manger out there who can deal with the attitude part it would be great to have him, I'm just not sure who will be able to do that.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
His bloated wage demands might scupper a premier league move, a season or two abroad might be his only option.....after all he is about 50 now!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He has talent - but his attitude isn't good. If there is a manger out there who can deal with the attitude part it would be great to have him, I'm just not sure who will be able to do that.

You've got me thinking. Has there ever been a wayward player who's attitude has been "dealt with" buy a manager? I'm struggling to think of any. All I ever see is desperate mangers believing they can get a good player on the cheap.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Palace? Not exactly blessed with prolific goalscorers.

Then again, they do have Chamakh in the "moody, expensive, temperamental, occasionally-flair" position up front, so perhaps their quota is filled.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You've got me thinking. Has there ever been a wayward player who's attitude has been "dealt with" buy a manager? I'm struggling to think of any. All I ever see is desperate mangers believing they can get a good player on the cheap.

Cantona and Ferguson ?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

I suppose Duncan Ferguson settled down from being a bit of a hell raiser when he played under Walter Smith at Everton. Never quite knocked the thug DNA out of him, but he calmed down a fair bit.

Other than that, not many. Gazza, Ravel Morrison etc...you can bet there will be many more.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Cantona and Ferguson ?
The Cantona who'd just helped Leeds to the Championship under Howard Wilkinson? Didn't seem much wrong with his attitude then - and wasn't it while under SAF's care that he was banned for lord knows how long for kicking a fan at Smellhurst Park?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I suppose Duncan Ferguson settled down from being a bit of a hell raiser when he played under Walter Smith at Everton. Never quite knocked the thug DNA out of him, but he calmed down a fair bit.

Yeah, a big difference to his manager at Rangers.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here