Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Solid performance yesterday & great start to the season, but...

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Lets not do the usual Albion trick of underestimating the opposition/under performing against the teams at the lower end of the table. Although understandably a sombre mood around the ground yesterday, thought the atmosphere fell flat after the first 15 mins. Lets try and get the Amex rocking on Tuesday for the full 90, another fast start is crucial so that fatty Evans can't stick 11 men behind the ball :clap2:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I think Mr Hughton knows what he is doing.

Lets not do the usual Albion trick of underestimating the opposition/under performing against the teams at the lower end of the table. Although understandably a sombre mood around the ground yesterday, thought the atmosphere fell flat after the first 15 mins. Lets try and get the Amex rocking on Tuesday for the full 90, another fast start is crucial so that fatty Evans can't stick 11 men behind the ball :clap2:

He could put himself behind the ball and that would be the equivalent of eleven men.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Will Evans still be their manager Tuesday or will he be at Posh? I hope he is still there as players seem to raise their game for a new or caretaker manager.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Huddersfield and Blackburn are in the bottom three. One of those sides are the only club to have taken points off us, and the other very nearly did. I don't think these facts will have been overlooked by CH or the lads in the squad No. Easy. Games.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
I think Mr Hughton knows what he is doing.

Absolutely this. I was talking last weekend to a nephew who is a lifelong Birmingham supporter, who had nothing but praise for ch and his time there. "Good manager".

I still fear that vs Rotherham has got shock away win written all over it, but that is from 40+ years of being a fan

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Only criticism so far (to be fair I never would have thought I'd be saying this at the start of the season!) is that we are only winning matches by a single goal. Sign of a good team, maybe. But I would like to see us take more of our chances when we are really on top in games as some of the scorelines haven't reflected our dominance- Ipswich being a prime example.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Only been 1 goal in every game so far but in our favour , such fine lines but who cares if we can maintain it.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I fully expect them to pack the midfield and make it very difficult for us. Suspect it may be a little frustrating for us on Tuesday night. We need one of the other creative players to step up on Kazengas absence. Where is Solly?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Absolutely this. I was talking last weekend to a nephew who is a lifelong Birmingham supporter, who had nothing but praise for ch and his time there. "Good manager".

I still fear that vs Rotherham has got shock away win written all over it, but that is from 40+ years of being a fan

Losing at home on Tuesday against the bottom team whilst being so far clear at the top is almost what I expect as an Albion fan....

There are some very interesting games on Tuesday with a few of the pace setters and pre season favourites playing against each other, we have a fantastic opportunity to stretch away even further. This is the stuff of dreams though, I hardly dare think it might happen.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Losing at home on Tuesday against the bottom team whilst being so far clear at the top is almost what I expect as an Albion fan.....
Very much my own thoughts too, I'm afraid. I've lost count of how many times over the years that this situation has jumped up and bitten us. Hope I'm wrong this time, but it is very tempting to check out the odds on an away win...........

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I fully expect them to pack the midfield and make it very difficult for us. Suspect it may be a little frustrating for us on Tuesday night. We need one of the other creative players to step up on Kazengas absence. Where is Solly?

This is inevitable and they will be the first ( well second after Hull in the second half) team of many to come who do this at the Amex this season. Will be an interesting test to see how we handle it and an indicator of the extent to which we will be able to win our home games this season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here