Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Come on Sodexo, dreadful food today

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
It seems a bit churlish to moan about the food on a matchday when there were much more important considerations. But I am getting seriously hacked off with the Sodexo fare. My default choice of Piglets chicken, ham and leek pie has gone. My second option of the cheeseburger with a touch of salad and a tasty bun has also gone. So forced to compromise, I went for the cheese burger with coleslaw salad. Purchased at 1,.30 pm, I thought 'must be fresh'. Oh dear, the bun was so hard, it might have been stale. The burger was burnt and not very warm and the cheese was possibly changing in to something else judging by the look of it. As I started to eat this tepid mass, I realised' no coleslaw'. Took it back and after a discuusion round the back of the counter, it was agreed to manhandle some coleslaw over my rapidly cooling burger. Not surprisingly it was cold as well by now. I don't want chicken and choritzo or steak and ale pie, nor do I fancy sausage roll or chees pasty. But the chicken pie on the pop up stand at the last match was wonderful. My burger was like it had been cooked and standing since midday in readiness for the game. Come on Sodexo, put some effort in!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
My cheese pasty was virtually all thick, dry pastry and such filling as there was was utterly tasteless.

I, too, am a recovering Chicken & Ham Pie addict.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Moan, moan, moan and fecking moan

Jesus take your own food if it is not to your liking and spare us the usual shite thread on food.

There were far more emotional things to worry about than the catering today of all days.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I don't want to mention the warm beer. Not today. The club done great today. I just drunk it.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Steak pie I had was great and as is mentioned above this was truly a very thoughtful day. One should appreciate the presence given, courtesy of Tony Bloom and all. A few do not have our choice. Such is life. Our team is hardworking, not the most skilful, but they are together and we can go places. Enjoy !!!

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
My cheese pasty was virtually all thick, dry pastry and such filling as there was was utterly tasteless.

I tried that today and was underwhelmed for the same reason. I thought it an unusual offering considering the usual standards,

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010

For me was always the best of the pies though steak and ale was also exceptionally good.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I don't normal purchase food but I always keep an eye on how the club is delivering refreshments to our fans as its important to the club coffers and its image. I was a bit disappointed that the club kiosk pie and pint on the WSU was closed and new one further along must have sold out it was closed at half time,. I hope they are putting extra facilities on for the Rugby World Cup because the currant facilities won't be enough. However it's a lot better than the Goldstone and you could get chips at Withdean.:drama::fishing::spam:

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Seriously , couldn't you wait and lump that moan onto Tuesday when we get beat for the first time by the bottom of the table team.
Apart from the obvious tragedy surrounding yesterday I went to bed really proud of the club I support and you moan about f@cking cheeseburger!

D

Deleted User X18H

Just two bar staff in the Juice Lounge . Gone off Fosters in the Bupa ! Not great

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I saw someone in the north stand with a jacket potato & chili con carne. If that is going to be offered on Tuesday evening, I might just be tempted. Pies are off the menu when trying to lose weight.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
The sausage roll with mustard with bloomin' lush.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
Tens of thousands of refugees homeless and penniless fleeing for their lives in many cases and this is what people have to worry about - what a selfish, self indulgent nation we have become.
yes talking of which are they still doing pulled pork and bacon butties in the north ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here