Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Says something about Forest when they take a loan forward from us

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Completely different style of play at Forest that suits his game more and he's probably feeling more comfortable in his personal life being back in his hometown and all.

Hope he does well there, but one decent performance does not mean he is/was ever going to be a good player for us.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
O'Grady did for Forest today what he did at times for us. He held the ball up well, laid it off for other players to profit from, and didn't score any goals himself.

I like him, he's a lovely bloke, but I just can't ever see him being prolific in the Championship. Forest fans can praise him all they like, but ultimately, he's a striker who's paid to score goals, and if he doesn't score many for them, they'll soon be on his back.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Hope he carries on doing well there, we might even get some of his transfer fee back!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Would Forest fans still be praising him if he had step up to take the penalty?

Still unlikely to score many, will do well to have netted three before Christmas.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
O'Grady did for Forest today what he did at times for us. He held the ball up well, laid it off for other players to profit from, and didn't score any goals himself.

I like him, he's a lovely bloke, but I just can't ever see him being prolific in the Championship. Forest fans can praise him all they like, but ultimately, he's a striker who's paid to score goals, and if he doesn't score many for them, they'll soon be on his back.

As long as COG is scoring goals or facilitating the scoring of goals I would be surprised if anyone criticises him.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
As long as COG is scoring goals or facilitating the scoring of goals I would be surprised if anyone criticises him.

He is unlikely to ever get regular football again at Brighton. He is not as bad a player as some make out though. Consequently it will be better for us if he does well whilst out on loan because someone might genuinely become interested in paying us some money to sign him permanently before his contract runs out.

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
No I'm not having any of this - sorry.

One.goal.in.his.last.29.appearances.

I don't give a flying fig for what a nice bloke he is or how well he holds the ball up for others he is a striker and the measure of his effectiveness is how many goals he scores for the team.

His record with us was awful - so bad that it's beyond all explanation of playing in a struggling team or being unsettled domestically. His touch is consistently poor - how many times do you see him looping bouncing balls up over his head when he's under pressure from an opponent because he's unable to get the ball down under control quickly enough? He doesn't put the effort in closing down when the back four have the ball either - the work rate of Baldock and Hemed compared to COG are like night and day.

I hope he's a success for Forest - that way they might buy him or extend the loan to ensure he never wears our shirt again.

SeeGoals

Bloom’n Marvellous
Jan 22, 2009
Horsham by the sea
Also just to add to the potential benefit to us in terms of how Forest doing well against the teams around us, i.e. taking points off other teams, and if COG is involved in that, as has been said before it makes his sell on value just a bit more than being a bit part for us!

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Team effort. Won the penalty for them. Worked hard and they won. Happy days for Forest. But yes, will never set the world alight. He is the right player for a certain match or time in a match, not every match.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Hope he carries on doing well there, we might even get some of his transfer fee back!

Well we won't just yet....Forest are not allowed to pay a fee for players due to 'Fair play' regulations,hence the loan and by the time they can his contract with us will have expired...good wishful thinking though.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The first goal was all about Rob Green being a cock. Nothing to do with anything O'Grady done. If in doubt boot it out. If green had done that and QPR had stayed 10 men, they would have won the game and this thread would not exsist.

Bracknell_Gull

Jul 4, 2011
Bracknell
I think Bobby's little cameo yesterday should put to bed this whole myth about COG being good at holding the ball up. He looked composed, strong, played with his head up, showed good vision and a few deft touches and generally retained possession every time the ball came near him. Things COG could only Dream about in an Albion shirt.

I wish the guy well, and as others have said above I hope his improved performances for Forest result in us potentially getting a fee for him in January, but his face didn't fit here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here