Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings - Hull City Home

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Stockdale- 7 - wonderfully shielded by a superb defensive performance but solud when called upon
Bong - 8 - very good
Greer - 8 - superb bar a couple of moments where his communication with Stockdale was questionable
SFG - 8 - very strong. He rides his luck sometimes but he does it well
Bruno - 8 - a changed man compared to last season
kayal - 7 - solid. Unlucky with that chance
Stephens - 8 - everywhere
Lua Lua - 6 - not his day
Rosenior - 7 - slightly strange that he started on the right at home ahead of elvis, March and Murphy but it paid off
Baldock - 7 - tireless and played his part in the goal
Hemed - 7 - another game another goal

Ince - 6
Zamora - 6

Couldn't single out a defender for Motm. A superb effort from them all

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Some of the touches from Baldock today were sublime. He's been class so far this season. Just needs to score a few more.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Stockdale- 7 - wonderfully shielded by a superb defensive performance but solud when called upon
Bong - 8 - very good
Greer - 8 - superb bar a couple of moments where his communication with Stockdale was questionable
SFG - 8 - very strong. He rides his luck sometimes but he does it well
Bruno - 8 - a changed man compared to last season
kayal - 7 - solid. Unlucky with that chance
Stephens - 8 - everywhere
Lua Lua - 6 - not his day
Rosenior - 7 - slightly strange that he started on the right at home ahead of elvis, March and Murphy but it paid off
Baldock - 7 - tireless and played his part in the goal
Hemed - 7 - another game another goal

Ince - 6
Zamora - 6

Couldn't single out a defender for Motm. A superb effort from them all

Make each of those 7s into 8s and that's about it - and KLL was more than a 6 too

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Stockdale. 7 Thought he had a mistake in him today, but he was well-covered by the defence and solid. Kicking less accurate than it has been
Bruno. 8 Took time to settle but then became our bearded Spanish Don again. Classy and confident
Greer. 8 Commanding and unflustered.
BFG. 8 Might be developing bromance. Put under pressure but coped very well and grew into match
Bong. 7 Again put under a lot of pressure but coped well. Reliable and confident
Rosenior. 8 Really intelligent player and good man too. Caused Hull troubles
Stephens 8. Firm and creative. Excellent with Kayal
Kayal. 9 I never thought I'd see a better player in the stripes than Lawrenson. I might well be wrong. Superb and makes things revolve around him.
KLL. 7 Hull for the most part nullified his threat. Was it a clever booking?
Baldock. 8 Really coming good with Hemed. Great movement and vision but maybe still lacking a bit of confidence in front of goal?
Hemed. 8 Greedy and cocksure. Excellent signing who will do us very very proud

Ince. 7 Shored up the defence when he came on.
Zamora. 7 Intelligent and well, just Bobby!

CH. Got it spot on today

Ref: in all fairness not bad. we'll get worse

Hull fans - excellent for way they joined in the commemoration and for their attitude to Rosenior

Hull team - put us under a lot of pressure but all huff and puff

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Stockdale - 7.5 Distribution was a bit off today, couple of moments of hesitancy due to miscommunication with greer, but a couple of important good saves, and really good on crosses/corners
Bruno - 7.5 Got a bit sloppy in the second half, but some lovely touches
Greer - 7.5 Some iffy moments miscommunicating with Stockdale, but covered gaps in defence well
Huenemeier - 7.5
Bong - 7.5
Stephens - 8 Was all over the pitch, breaking up their attacks, and was one of the few players to bust a gut getting forward for counter attacks in the last third of the game
Kayal - 8 Some lovely tackles, and a constant threat
Rosenior - 7.5
Baldock - 7.5 Some brilliant control touches. Bringing some high balls down dead at his feet. Deserves to have scored more goals this season.
Hemed - 7.5
Lualua - 6.5 Not his day, passes were underhit, never seemed to go at his man.

Ince - 7 Not sure he did much, got a couple of clearances in
Zamora Didn't get a chance to do much with his time, since we were defending so much in the second half
Murphy Only on a few minutes. Probably should have come on sooner, given Lualua's performance

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Great first 15 minutes when we looked like world beaters, but went downhill from there. Second half was largely a bore, but the arrival of BZ on the pitch got the crowd motivated again. Still, a win against a relegated team shows we're headed steadily in the right direction. Top of the league by four points and unbeaten in mid Sep ... who'd have thought it?

Stockdale 7. Shot stopping and ball handling very good, but distribution needs work. Also there were at least a couple of occasions when I felt he should have come out quicker to collect the ball.
Bruno 7. Some sublime stuff from him, but spoiled by one too many poor passes in the second half.
Greer 7. Strong performance with only a couple of poor balls.
Hunemeier 7. As Greer. They are forming a good partnership and Dunk will have to wait a while to get his place back.
Bong 6. Good game, but outrun/outmusceled on a couple of occasions.
Kayal 7. OK
Stephens 8. Excellent first half. Like the rest of the team failed to maintain skill levels in the 2nd half.
Rosenior 8. Impressive.
Lua Lua 5. Poorest display this season. Didn't see enough of the ball and made too many poor decisions when he had it.
Baldock 8. MOM. Excellent performance
Hemed 7. Well taken goal. Don't know how he missed the opportunity from Rosenior's pass.

Subs:
Ince 8. Did exactly what was needed.
Zamora 10 .... no, good though it was to see him back 7 is a fairer score. Showed how well he can hold the ball up. I really never thought I would see the day when Bobby was back in an Albion shirt.
Murphy. Not on long enough to rate, but looked good enough.

Manager 8. Great team selection and tactics, but needs to fix whatever caused us to go off the boil after such a strong start.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Stockdale - 8. Looks so much more confident than last season..
Bruno - 8 Ditto. A transformation in recent weeks.
Bong 8 . Turning into a reliable , consistent performer.
Greer 9 . Albion's most underrated player imho
BFG - 8. No settling in time for Uwe. Bang on it from the off
Stephens/ Kayal. 8 Big upgrade on last season
Rosenior 7. I think he'll get better|
Lua Lua 6. Decent, just not as good as previous weeks
Baldock 8. Still not sure he's strong enough at this level but he is clever
Hemed 8. Should have had more

Hughton 9 .

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Stockdale 7.5
Bruno 8
Bong 7.5
Greer 8.5
BFG Honeymonster 8.5
Stephens 8.5
Kayal 9
Rosenior 8
LuLu 6.5
Baldrick 8
Hemed 8

Ince 7
BZ 7

Hughton 8.5

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Stockdale 7 Very little to do, Distribution fair
Bono 8 Part of defence that restricted Hull to no clear cut chances
Greer 8 .. .. .. ..
Huenemeier 8 .. .. .. ..
Bruno 8 .. .. .. ..
Kayal 9 Outstanding
Stephens 7 Very good let down by some very poor distribution
Lua Lua 4 Very poor, They doubled up on him Didnt get past once and no crosses. With 2 wingers on bench why was he not taken of before
Rosenior 6 Ok in midfield. Poor out wide going forward. Hopefully
Tues against lesser opponents replaced by winger
Baldock 6 Sorry don't give any points for working hard. Needs to get into more scoring positions
Hemed 6 Scored goal but misses were unbelievable

Rosenior 6 Good in midfield

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
A lot of very generous ratings today, or maybe I'm in a bad mood? Who knows.

Stockdale 8 Good without having to do anything major, handling and kicking were good.
Bruno 6 Average game for him without a real threat against him.
Hünemeier 6 Challenged for everything, some strange decisions and not as confident looking today.
Bong 6 Average performance not helped by having no real option in front of him to pass to.
Rosenior 6 Didn't really do much but looks very competent and solid.
Stephens 8 Fantastic player on a different wavelength to some.
Kayal 7 Not at his most impactful but a very good performance and nearly scored.
LuaLua 5 Hid inside, wasn't involved - he remains not my favourite player.
Baldock 6 Baffled by the praise. His finishing is terrible and he doesn't do much.
Hemed 7 Good finish but should have had a second. I like him.

Subs
Ince 6 No real impact but we kept our clean sheet in tact so job done.
Zamora 6 Got the crowd on their feet and showed enough in his short appearance.
Murphy 7 More involved in the game than LuaLua, looking forward to seeing him more.

Hughton 6 Tactically I think we got away with it a bit, we banked on Hull not being able to score a goal, surrendering territory and posession almost the entire second half. Hull weren't good enough to get through us which is a credit to his coaching, this his team in his set up and he's got us solid defensively and scoring the odd goal so full credit but it was a poor second half performance after the attacking glory of the first half.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Stockdale - 7
Bruno - 7
Bong - 7.5
Greer - 6 - ridiculous back-header, that could have put us in trouble
Hünemeier - 7
Kayal - 8
Stephens - 8.5
Rosenoir - 7
KLL - 5
Baldock - 7.5
Hemed - 7

Ince - 6
Murphy - 6
Zamora - 6

Hughton - 9 - great subs at the right time.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

Stockdale 8 Good without having to do anything major, handling and kicking were good.
Hünemeier 6 Challenged for everything, some strange decisions and not as confident looking today.
Bong 6 Average performance not helped by having no real option in front of him to pass to.
Kayal 7 Not at his most impactful but a very good performance and nearly scored.
Baldock 6 Baffled by the praise. His finishing is terrible and he doesn't do much.

Subs
Murphy 7 More involved in the game than LuaLua, looking forward to seeing him more.

Hughton 6 Tactically I think we got away with it a bit, we banked on Hull not being able to score a goal, surrendering territory and posession almost the entire second half. Hull weren't good enough to get through us which is a credit to his coaching, this his team in his set up and he's got us solid defensively and scoring the odd goal so full credit but it was a poor second half performance after the attacking glory of the first half.

Utterly clueless post, completely wrong. Oh and you missed out Greer, other than that... Good post.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Stockdale 7.5

Bruno 7.5
Greer 7 .5
BFG 7.5
Bong 7.5

Kaz 5
Kayal 8.5 my mom
Stephens 8
Liam 7.5

Baldock 7.5
Hemed 7.5

Ince 7.5
Zamora 7.5
Murphy 7.5

Ch 8.5

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
7 scores all round, apart from:

Stephens - 8: had an excellent game and appeared to be involved in everything.
Kayal - 8: see above. A very solid central midfield yet again.
LuaLua - 6: Didn't have a great game, but was tightly marked by a very good Hull side

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

Subs

It would appear that you may not have been at the same match as everyone else on here???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here