Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone have sight of an active Virgin PAYG SIM? Help needed, please

You can get a reduction on a new handset by applying for what's known as a PAYG upgrade, and the conditions are pretty lenient. The deal I want only requires that...
Virgin Media upgrades
It must be 6 months since joining Virgin Media or 6 months since last upgrade. Customer must have used number in the last 90 days to make a chargeable event.

I could buy a valid SIM card but can't wait 6 months so I'm asking just for the details from yours (no. + digits from the back of the SIM). Rest assured that your number will only be submitted to the retailer for verification with Virgin and won't be used in any other way*, and there will be no cost or comeback to you whatsoever.
You won't be eligible for another upgrade for a further 6 months, so don't give me the info if you intend getting a new handset in that time period. Thanks in advance!
*Better PM the phone no. to me for this reason.

Last edited:

This is a bit odd, 100 views and no PMs. Even if only a tenth of those interested enough to open the thread had one, I can't believe they're all saving it for an upgrade of their own! I'm stuck indoors this evening listening to Radio 5 Live Sports Extra commentary on my desktop when I'd rather be elsewhere, listening on a Windows Phone. So, anybody like to help a fellow fan follow their team? I'll be happy to research the market for your next sizeable purchase, or show you how to save a few bob elsewhere (I'm a bit of a money-saving guru, if not a skinflint :))

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
I've got a Virgin sim. I only use it when I visit UK / Europe once a year, usually July - August.
I wouldn't mind to give you the info but concerned that might trigger a 6-month dormancy clause.
As it stands I can it leave the number dormant for a year and stil retain a "live" number.
Any upgrade and I'd most likely lose that long-term dormancy feature.

C'mon Virgins help him out !

( if your lucky, that request might get you more than just a free upgrade...)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here