Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Numbered Paving Stones - What are they all about?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I've noticed at various points in town, there are number blocks in the pavement. Anyone know what that's about?

This one is along that side road from Aldi's to the Level beside Macdonald's:

20150905_093342045_iOS.jpg

This one is near the bottom of the road that goes from the level to upper lewes road:

20150912_095240199_iOS.jpg

There's also one by Brighton City College.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I read about these in the Argus - its an art project of some kind I think.

They are the amount you will get in compensation if you sue the Council when you trip over them because you are too stupid to watch where you are walking.

Not that the claims culture these days is a pet hate of mine, you understand :whistle:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Join the dots.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
A project has taken the old slabs that formed the base of the recently taken down Taxi rank stand at St Peters/York Place, I imagine it may once have been a building of some purpose, and created a stone circle around the London Road area, I imagine highlighting places and events that have been influential.

If my leg allows me I shall walk around our new stone circle celebrating the area, perhaps like most stone circles it should have an avenue out to another place (the Amex) and a stone placed by the NS.

I look forward to the mentioned wikipedia page/information on line about the positioning of the stones going live.

https://sbtxt.wordpress.com/2015/09/07/london-road-by-numbers/

Attachments

• Taxi 11.jpg
    Taxi 11.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 62
  • Map 11.jpg
    Map 11.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 69

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
It's been devised by the council as a way to get yourself home after a night on the lash. Unfortunately not enough thought put into this, as there were 73 of us banging on some poor buggers door at 3.00 a.m this morning. Many still waving blue and white scarves. :ascarf:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here