[Drinking] Sour Beers

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Anyone had these?

I included a few in a random selection of bottled craft beer I took to a card night last night. I really quite like them because they remind me of Haribo Tangfastics which I could eat several bags of. However, when passed around the table the general reaction was a yuck followed by that face Esther Rantzen used to pull on That's Life.

Refreshingly addictive, devil's jizz or meh?

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I've tried a couple in Craft, the Haribo comment definitely applies to the very sour ones. Best I have tasted is this one which was a bit less brutal-

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/25923/70745/

dsc_2121.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not a fan.

No, I really don't like them.

I'd pull the face.

Ha ha. I now have a mental image of you going "ooooooooh" whilst pulling a cat's arse mouth :lolol:

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Done properly, love them.

3 Fonteinen Oude Geuze Vntage is probably my number 1 Belgian lambic. Although Boon Oude Geuze Mariage Parfait is probably the most rounded and easiest to love, so I'd send people there if they want to go straight to the top.

Oud Beersel Oude Geuze is gorgeous - if you like having your face turned inside out

Over here, De Molen recently did a fantastic unsweetened, sour "Berliner Weisse-ish" called Sturm & Drang - definitely worth hunting down if you see it anywhere.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
First time I drink one I thought it was some sort of joke. Then after years of drinking Saisons and Lambics I love them. Going to Craft today so will most probably have one.

Jul 7, 2003
Some great ones out there in different styles. My favourite this year is Magic Rock's Salty Kiss - BBD & Craft have both had this in. For bottles, Wild Beer's Wild Goose Chase is refreshing and Siren's Calypso is also very drinkable

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here