Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leo Sayer in Worthing tonight

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Sussex's greatest ever singer still has the magnificent voice. Anyone else go? It clearly meant a lot to him as he spoke fondly of Worthing and Shoreham and still referring to 'West Sussex Forever' (his words) as home. The crowd was a bit subdued but Leo was on top form and I hadn't realised that the 'Mexican Discotheque' mentioned in his hit Moonlighting was the Mexican Hat in Worthing. He got quite emotional at the end with a lovely little monologue as 'Giving It All Away' played out.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Became the Carioca by the time I got in there around 76/77. He went to my old school in Goring, Blessed Robert Southwell.
Nicholas Hoogstraten went there as well. Good show by all accounts.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I was on the door list tonight, no charge,

Found out that Meck ft wasn't in the house.

I was off baby, Leo who?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
He gave a great interview on the radio last Sunday, talking about Shoreham, growing up & living on his houseboat.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Isn't he an Aussie citizen living in the Perth area now?
That's what they say here.

Yeah. He's definitely an Aussie citizen but I don't know whereabouts. He did say last night that although he now lives in Oz, that this is still what he refers to as home. He made a very lovely little tribute to the way that the people of Shoreham had responded to the air crash and that it made him feel very proud of his hometown.

Seriously though, the bloke is excellent value entertainment. Highly recommended.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I saw him in about 74/75 at the Assembly hall in Worthing, I don't remember much about it, except he didn't wear his clown suit

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Bought Silverbird at Virgin by the clocktower in the 70s great singer songwriter, love to have been there.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpg

I liked his brother when he played for the Albion.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Saw him when he played Worthing last year. The years have been very kind to him and he barely seems to have aged. Amazing energy for a guy of his age. If Liverpool can have John Lennon airport, we can rename Shoreham Leo Sayer International Airport shirley! And I love it that Montague Street (Worthing) gets a mention in Moonlighting as well as the Mexican Hat. Leo is quite simply a LEGEND......

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Yeah. He's definitely an Aussie citizen but I don't know whereabouts. He did say last night that although he now lives in Oz, that this is still what he refers to as home. He made a very lovely little tribute to the way that the people of Shoreham had responded to the air crash and that it made him feel very proud of his hometown.

Seriously though, the bloke is excellent value entertainment. Highly recommended.

I think that all ex pats refer to the place they were born as their true home.
I do miss it at times, but still think I made the right choice for the long term.
There have been more downs that ups recently, but got to keep a stiff upper lip at all that.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here