Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP Big Nick Turner

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
For all the lads from the 70s' and 80s who remember the great man its with great regret to pass on that Nick Turner has passed away. Ill for a few years now with diabetes but one of the great characters from back in the day. Went to all the away games and anyone who met him would never forget him. The Clifton, the Monk and the Bosun days. RIP Big Nick. A giant of a man in more ways than one.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I've known Nick for over 30 years and am really gutted. One of life's nice guys and a larger than life character. When I saw him a few days ago we still had our customary
Albion chat although he was in desperately poor health. RIP mate.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
RIP Nick, a very clever,witty and funny man.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
What sad news. Had so many laughs with Nick in the old days. RIP mate you Magic Lizard

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
Known Nick over 40 years, lovely bloke, had many good times with him back in the 70s. True Brighton fan but never hid is allegiance to Stockport. RIP mate you'll be missed by all who knew you.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Very sad news, may God bless him.

I'd always heard of his legendary status many moons ago but only met him comparatively recently at John's funeral and then a recent bbq by JD.

Struck me the first time I met him as a guy that I really wish I had become mates with 30 years earlier.

Rip, big fella x

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Will post news of funeral arrangements as and when for those who knew him.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
RIP Big Man ......thanks for the memories.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Does someone have a picture. I am pretty sure I remember him -particularly from the 70s and 80s before I became an exile fan. I think he once said to me "you're too young and ugly to count as a true fan, but I guess we need all the support we can get"!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Does someone have a picture. I am pretty sure I remember him -particularly from the 70s and 80s before I became an exile fan. I think he once said to me "you're too young and ugly to count as a true fan, but I guess we need all the support we can get"!

Could well be Nick. He liberated 6 barbecued chickens from the service station coming back from Forest in the league cup tie in the 70's and refused to give me even so much a a wing on account of me only being 16 and worrying I might choke on a bone. I'm sure he ate them all on his own. Luckily there was enough food to go round after that stop. He was a crazy, lovely b.....d

Grapes of Wrath

Nov 1, 2009
Worthing
Could well be Nick. He liberated 6 barbecued chickens from the service station coming back from Forest in the league cup tie in the 70's and refused to give me even so much a a wing on account of me only being 16 and worrying I might choke on a bone. I'm sure he ate them all on his own. Luckily there was enough food to go round after that stop. He was a crazy, lovely b.....d

That was one crazy coach trip. If you were on it you would know that because the driver wouldn't stop the floor was awash with pee, and the floor was where I had put my sarnies. I chucked them up on the rack and when I got back after the game, I found Nick eating them. Rather him than me. Happy days.

RIP Nick

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here