Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Hunted' tv show, channel 4 -

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
What a pile o tosh.

Now, surely no one is gonna spot the runners, with a camera guy alongside, are they..?

And I v much doubt the police would give up live cctv feeds, or banks allow transaction updates, for a game show..

I think you are mistaking this with reality! it's TV for entertainment ....much like X factor, GBBO and all the other in the same vein

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Interceptor was great viewing ( for it's time ). Only lasted 1 series in 1989 though. 2 contestants had to evade the bad guy for a period of time, who hunted them using a helicopter. Both contestants had a backpack but only 1 contained the £1000 prize. The backpacks had electronic sensors which would lock the case if the bad guy hit the sensors with his laser gun, thus they lost their prize.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pj9H6YJb7g

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Interceptor was great viewing ( for it's time ). Only lasted 1 series in 1989 though. 2 contestants had to evade the bad guy for a period of time, who hunted them using a helicopter. Both contestants had a backpack but only 1 contained the £1000 prize. The backpacks had electronic sensors which would lock the case if the bad guy hit the sensors with his laser gun, thus they lost their prize.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pj9H6YJb7g

My favourite show as a kid. Just brilliant (back then!).

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
What a pile o tosh.

Now, surely no one is gonna spot the runners, with a camera guy alongside, are they..?

And I v much doubt the police would give up live cctv feeds, or banks allow transaction updates, for a game show..

I agree wound up my kids no end last night by picking holes in it. If police and banks did give a game show access to cctv there are some serious civil liberties issues. Surely they do not have a live feed to cashpoints worrying if they do.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Why don't the contestants just move to rural areas with no cctv, use cash, and live off the land while sleeping rough. Easy to evade everyone, but presumably doesn't make good TV.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
Why don't the contestants just move to rural areas with no cctv, use cash, and live off the land while sleeping rough. Easy to evade everyone, but presumably doesn't make good TV.

One of the 'chase experts' said village locals would notice any strangers, and grass em up..

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Don't these experts have more important things to do then run around after a bunch of numpties

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just so fake!
Unfortunately I assume you're right.
As for that couple who used a cash point in Hove on Day 4 whilst on the run. :facepalm:
Well they need cash from somewhere.
If police and banks did give a game show access to cctv there are some serious civil liberties issues. Surely they do not have a live feed to cashpoints worrying if they do.
Assuming that the police would have access to ATMs in a real world situation, then presumably the deal is that when they use one, the cameraman with them calls and says that the cash point is being used. But how they then follow the suspects on CCTV I assume is fake. The cameraman simply says 'we got on a bus, and if you were watching the right CCTV camera, you'd have seen us'.

Because it's too boring for the contestants to live rough for a month, they want more. If losing meant going to prison, I'm sure they'd try harder.

From the Guardian:
"It’s not quite the real deal. The hunters aren’t the actual state. They can’t get their hands on all the CCTV and ANPR (automatic number plate recognition) they could if they were. And they have got only four ground teams to call on, rather than the nation’s police forces. But they have made a bloody good of replicating reality."

Last edited:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Much of it was ludicrous. At first I thought the biggest giveaway that it was fake was the dialogue used by the hunters, but after a while I realised it was so cliché-ridden that no self-respecting writer would have come up with it and that the ex-cops really did say things like "They're goin' dahhhnnn!"

The other thing that I thought was that heading straight up the M1 was a bit obvious, especially if - like that doctor - you go somewhere you used to work. As long as you go somewhere you don't know anyone and have no previous connections, why bother travelling the length of the country? Off the top of my head I could name a dozen towns in the Meridian TV area that I've never visited in my life (although Fred Dinenage always seemed very keen to tell us all about them).

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Utter tripe. So bad it's almost good. My favourite was the bald guy playing the Sherlock Holmes role as a hunter. I've seen better acting from Barry Scott in the Cillit Bang adverts standing there like a cardboard cutout wittering about finding these people as if they were real criminals.

Then we have 2 X Ex SAS breaking into a house. The day they refer to finding someone's Facebook login as 'gold dust' is the day I start calling people dude. That was swiftly followed by someone who supposedly found Al queda but struggled to find 2 dippy cows who kept phoning home, giving their location away as being in one of not many caravan parks in Penrith and still not getting caught. They may as well have put flashing road signs on themselves with a big WE ARE HERE sign pointing at their foreheads.

It's TOWIE on the run. Made in Chelsea with thick ugly people instead of thick rich people. Everyone is acting. Badly. I was amazed that some people think it's real, no wonder so many people get scammed.

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
Utter tripe. So bad it's almost good. My favourite was the bald guy playing the Sherlock Holmes role as a hunter. I've seen better acting from Barry Scott in the Cillit Bang adverts standing there like a cardboard cutout wittering about finding these people as if they were real criminals.

Then we have 2 X Ex SAS breaking into a house. The day they refer to finding someone's Facebook login as 'gold dust' is the day I start calling people dude. That was swiftly followed by someone who supposedly found Al queda but struggled to find 2 dippy cows who kept phoning home, giving their location away as being in one of not many caravan parks in Penrith and still not getting caught. They may as well have put flashing road signs on themselves with a big WE ARE HERE sign pointing at their foreheads.

It's TOWIE on the run. Made in Chelsea with thick ugly people instead of thick rich people. Everyone is acting. Badly. I was amazed that some people think it's real, no wonder so many people get scammed.

Well said dude

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here